Student Ministries /Youth Pastor
Our Vision: To reach millions of unchurched persons by developing thousands of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
About Christ Church: Christ Church is a growing, vibrant, multi-site church. Lead Pastor, Charles Kyker, tells the membership class that we only want 2 types of people at Christ Church: unchurched and those who want to reach unchurched
people. At Christ Church, we strongly believe that lost people matter to God so they matter to us as well. We also believe youth matter to God, so we provide an excellent youth ministry which reaches students for Christ.
- Fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Must passionately love young people
- A strong desire to see students progress and grow in their faith
- Proven Leadership
- Ability to relate well with all types of people
- Computer knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Commitment to Christ Church and goals set forth by the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team
- Maintain personal devotion time with daily scripture reading.
- Love God first, next your family, then be in ministry to serve not to be served!
- Responsibility for all activities / programs related to middle & high school students
- Development of strategy to reach unchurched middle & high school students in the area, so that they may come to faith in Christ, and help equip them with the knowledge and life tools they need to become fully devoted Christ followers, who want to reach
their friends for Christ.
- Recruit, develop, and equip a team of volunteers and student leaders to assist in youth ministry
- Create a culturally relevant student ministry that addresses life issues of middle & high school students
- Plan and maintain a budget for youth ministry
- Provide pastoral support to students and parents in pastoral-need situations such as sickness, hospitalization, crisis intervention, death and other situations in which teenagers may need help or support
- Teach (preach) during adult worship 3 to 4 times a year.