Young Adult Ministry Director
We are looking for an innovator who can dream big dreams and make them come true, a leader who can instill vision and confidence, and a team builder who can develop, empower and unleash teams that make ministry happen in life-changing ways. The frontier
we want to conquer: the world of young adults in the Milwaukee area. We are looking for someone to build a ministry that will capture young adults for Jesus and His mission locally and globally. This Director position will work in collaboration with other
Adult Ministry staff to facilitate cohesive coordination and implementation of ideas, planning, programming, and decisions related to spiritual growth opportunities.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Proven track record of effective ministry
- Endorse and support Elmbrook statement of faith, vision and core values.
- Model servant leadership by attitude and practice.
- Experience and track record in recruiting, training and building Life Groups community.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively within the Adult Hub and as a liaison to other Hubs and operational teams.
- Strong leadership, relational, organizational, technical, project management and decision making skills.
- A desire to grow, seeking relationships, resources and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth.
- Qualities of diplomacy and discernment.
- Work closely with Adult Ministry Directors and Pastors to facilitate a cohesive approach to adult discipleship, specifically for Young Adults.
- Build into and deploy leaders to launch a movement of Life Groups for Young Adults.
- Establish coaching systems for Life Group leaders
- Work closely with broader Leadership Training & Development initiatives.
- Provide direction and develop of teams to plan and execute compelling large group gatherings and events for Young Adults.
- Participate in Group Link events as scheduled, providing on-going opportunity for Young Adults to assimilate into Life Groups.
- Provide leadership, direction and priorities for Young Adult leaders.
- Facilitate serve opportunities within the ministry for Young Adult participation and involvement.
- Regularly, evaluate the effectiveness of adult discipleship small group initiatives for Young Adults.
- Reinforce a culture where life-change is expected and planned for, providing on-going growth and discipleship opportunities.
- Provide integrated and cohesive communications regarding connection to small group opportunities for Young Adults at Elmbrook.
- Provide wise counsel and shepherding of Young Adult leaders.
- Build positive and healthy relationships with Adult Ministry Directors as well as broader staff team.
- Participate in weekday on-call staff rotation.
- Reproduce your role in the lives of other key leaders.
Full-time Exempt Position
40 to 45 hours/week
Salary – dependent on experience, skills & education
Medical - eligibility for all benefits associated with full-time employment, including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Employee Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if employees are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are January 1st and July 1st. On an employee’s first anniversary Elmbrook
will match up to 5%.
Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
Adult Hub Pastors