The Children Pastor/Director will coordinate with the staff of Foothills Church to partner with parents to develop children into mature disciples of Christ.
Description of duties
- Champion the vision of partnering with parents and ensure the ministries of Foothills Church align.
- Equip, oversee and lead Little Street (birth-5 years) and Kid Street (Children’s ministry K-5) volunteers.
- Coordinate Orange curriculum and programming for Preschool and Kid Street Worship and small groups for Sunday morning.
- Equip children for ministry in the church and in the community.
- Create worship environments (sets/décor) to coordinate with series.
- Develop teams for Sunday program areas: drama, music, large group teacher, small group leaders, and any other volunteers needed.
- Recruit and equip volunteers to accomplish all ministries: worship/small groups/skits/media etc...
- Provide training and support for small group leaders.
- Oversee appropriate communication and ministry to parents of children as we seek to partner with families.
- Oversee and lead all social media venues to communicate to families.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed in the department.
- Maintain good communication with volunteers and with pastoral team.
Qualifications: Experience in Children's Ministry.