We are a church of about 500 people. We have 2 services each Sunday and we have a wide range of ages that are represented. Currently our worship sets include a blend of modern/contemporary and folk Christian with traditional hymns interspersed.
We are looking to hire a 15-25 hour Worship Director. Our current worship intern/director, who has been with us this past year, is going to Denver Seminary at the end of April, so we are looking to hire someone in the near future. We are providing free
housing in our church parsonage and an additional salary would be negotiable depending on how much time a director is willing/able to invest and prior experience. The Parsonage is located on church property, but is a separate 2-story house with 3-bedrooms
and would include all utilities and wi-fi.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the Lord and leading God's people in worship. They would also need to be living a life of integrity and be someone we can trust to be up front.
The person we are looking for would be responsible:
1. To oversee and facilitate praise and worship every Sunday and at other special celebration events. Special events would include Holidays (Christmas, Easter); monthly evening services for worship, prayer, communion, baptism, etc.; and occasional worship/prayer
nights led by the Worship Director.
a) By sending out “Order of Service” no later than five days in advance of service.
b) By ensuring that a quarterly schedule is put out no later than fifteen days in advance of the new quarter.
i) The schedule will include worship leader, backup vocalists, instrumentalists, sound operator, and video operator for both services and any special services needed.
2. To develop and employ new worship leaders and teams.
a) Seeking to maintain a standard of excellence in worship that spans musical skill, ability to be expressive, ability to lead in worship without being a distraction, appropriate attire, and other criteria set by the Director.
3. To introduce new songs regularly to the congregation (possibly including an occasional Spanish song for those worshipping with us in that language).
4. To maintain a standard of excellence for the appearance of the stage (i.e., cords, monitors, equipment not being used, etc.). And to lead us in the creative aspects of the stage and worship (decoration, etc.).
5. To have the highest quality of sound and lighting possible for corporate gatherings, and other ministry events.
6. To provide resources and support materials for worship. (i.e., video clips, worship lyrics, etc.)
7. To recruit, oversee, inspire, care for and coach members of the worship and technical team.
8. To create innovative ways of coordinating all aspects of worship by working with the Lead Pastor.
There is room for additional creative outlets for this person, as well as discipleship opportunities depending on time available and ability (including video, website, etc.).
To apply please send a resume and an audio/video link of you leading/singing in any setting.