At Seattle Chinese Alliance Church we are focused on making disciples that (1) love God far above all other loves (Matt. 22:37); (2) Pursue Jesus’ vision of Trinitarian community (John 17); and (3) prioritize God’s heart for justice and mercy (Matt. 23:23).
We do this by striving to grow in our Relational Depth with God, Relational Holiness with others and Relational Mission to the World.
We are seeking a Community Life Pastor that has the calling to shepherd our adults (young professionals to families) and is passionate about small group discipleship. The Community Life Pastor is responsible for ministering directly to individuals and spearheading
a small group ministry for adults. This position reports to the senior English Ministry Pastor.
- Displays evidence of a deep ongoing spiritual life
- Passionate about the spiritual formation of individuals through small group ministry
- Develops new relationships easily
- Teachable, able to teach, mentor and coach lay leaders
- Able to cast vision of Trinitarian community and empower believers to do ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in theology/ministry. Background in spiritual formation desired
- Three to five years of experience in pastoral role (counseling, weddings, funerals etc.)
- Two years of experience leading a Small Group Ministry with at least 10 groups. Has integrated working theology of the doctrine of the Trinity to small groups
- Demonstrates gifts of shepherding, leadership, administration and teaching
- Provide pastoral care for adults from young professionals to families
- Vision, strategize and execute small groups ministry
- Preach God’s Word periodically as part of the pastoral preaching team
- Participate in church leadership through the Elder and Governing Board