COMMUNITY PRESBYTERIAN PRESCHOOL
Is searching for our next
This is a Full-Time Year-round Position
with competitive salary and benefits package
Please email your cover letter and resume to
Building on a Strong History
Community Presbyterian Preschool is committed to nurturing the development of the whole child. We believe that the preschool years are a time to explore, a time to play, a time to develop new skills, and a time to learn about God’s love. For over 50 years
our preschool has been offering children in our community a formative beginning for their journey of learning. We have been very proud to excel not only in the quality of the learning experiences we provide, but also in the quality of personal care and genuine
Christian love we give each child. We are looking for someone to carry on this tradition of excellence and lead us into a strong new future.
If you believe God has equipped you to step into this role, please contact us by email at
CPPSearchTeam@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Purpose of This Position
The Preschool Director provides direction and leadership for our Christian preschool in order to present a developmentally appropriate program of learning with an expression of Christian love and nurture whereby God’s love is experienced by staff, children
and their families.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who will see this role as a ministry, not merely a professional opportunity; a strong leader who is also highly collaborative; someone who has a vision for leading an excellent preschool, as well as a vision for caring for families;
and someone who would find significant value in partnering with our church and our K-8 Academy. Director-level experience overseeing a preschool or child care center will be very valuable.
Our preschool is an extension of the ministry of Community Presbyterian Church in Danville. Therefore, we are seeking a Preschool Director who is a committed believer, walking in faith, with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior; someone who is able to
teach the Word of God to staff and children; someone willing to pray for staff, children and families in the program and who will be a spiritual encouragement to others.
Educational and Work Experience Requirements
- Fifteen (15) Early Childhood Education Semester Units as outlined by the State of California Child Care Licensing Regulations
- Fifteen (15) hours of Health and Safety Training as outlined by the State of California Child Care Licensing Regulations
- An associate of arts degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in early childhood education or child development is desirable.
- A four year Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
- Verifiable work experience of at least four (4) years of teaching experience in a licensed preschool, child care center or comparable group child care program.
Under the supervision and oversight of the church’s Associate Pastor, the director works with a high degree of autonomy to fulfill several key responsibilities:
- Overseeing the operation of the preschool,
- Ensuring compliance with licensing regulations, and communications with the Department of Community Care Licensing; acknowledging receipt of deficiency notices and correcting deficiencies that constitute immediate threats to children's health and safety
- Managing personnel; providing direct supervision, training support, and evaluation of all subordinate staff, including office assistant, assistant director, head preschool teachers, preschool teachers, preschool aides, and volunteers; and recruiting and
hiring new staff as needed
- Leading program and curriculum development and involving subordinate staff in decision-making process as appropriate
- Overseeing the safety of the program and wellbeing of staff and children in our school
- Identifying and addressing areas for improvement and implementing solutions
- Creating and interpreting policies and procedures
- Communicating with, supporting, and encouraging parents of children in our program
- Reaching out to prospective families and pursuing strategic communications and connections to market our preschool to the community around us
- Collaborating and partnering with the ministries of Community Presbyterian Church and with San Ramon Valley Christian Academy (our K-8 School) to strengthen our program and better care for the needs of families
- Performing other duties as assigned by Associate Pastor
Requirements after conditional offer of employment
A successful candidate will receive a conditional offer of employment. If accepted, the candidate will be required to submit to a TB test, Fingerprinting/Background Check, provide education transcripts and Health and Safety certifications. Once a candidate
has successfully completed and passed these requirements, the final offer of employment must be approved by the Session (pastors and elders) of Community Presbyterian Church.
Community Presbyterian Preschool
222 W El Pintado Road
Danville, CA 94526