Lockport Alliance Church
Purpose: To model the mission, vision and values of LAC and provide leadership or staff support for several key areas of ministry.
- Utilize Shepherd’s Staff membership database/software.
- Write notes and make follow-up phone calls and visits to recent guests at LAC.
- Ensure that newcomers are invited to participate in events/processes that are designed to help move them “from the door to the core.”
- Serve as staff support on the Newcomer Integration Team (NIT), keeping them apprised of both progress and roadblocks in the newcomer assimilation process.
- Develop a vision and strategy for the youth ministry consistent with the church's overall mission, vision and values.
- Recruit, train and develop a team of adult volunteers to assist with the junior and senior high ministries of LAC. Meet regularly with the adult volunteer team to facilitate communication, planning and problem-solving.
- Coordinate the weekly meetings of the junior and senior high youth group (currently meeting in combined session on Thursday nights).
- Organize and oversee all youth special events, outings, missions trips, retreats and fund-raisers.
Men’s Ministry Team
- Serve as staff support on the Men’s Ministry Team.
- Assist Men’s Ministry Team in developing vision and strategy for men’s ministry.
- Serve as staff support on the Tech Team, providing a liaison between the Tech Team and the church office.
- Become trained and equipped on sound board in worship center; be available to serve in such capacity during daytime functions and at other times as needed.
- Assist church ministry teams with social media and website support as able: church website, Facebook page, etc.
- Preach occasionally on Sunday morning as directed by the senior pastor, usually 4-6 times a year, and assist with worship services where needed: announcements, prayer, communion, etc.
- Assist church staff and elders with pastoral care through phone calls, notes and visits as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Evidence of a thriving personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrate a passion for God and evidence of a clear call to ministry.
- Evidence of moral integrity and sterling character, including the character and lifestyle qualities necessary for church leaders described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
2 Ability to connect well with others and build strong relationships.
- Ability to teach, influence and communicate with others.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict in a healthy, biblical way, and to mediate in conflict resolution among others as necessary.
3. Ability to lead others and to develop effective ministry teams.
- Ability to recruit, train and mobilize volunteers and to delegate ministry responsibility.
- Ability to be a “leader of leaders,” equipping and empowering others for ministry.
- Ability to plan and coordinate an ongoing calendar of events, including both small group and large group functions.
- Serve as a fully-functioning elder on the church Elder Board, the executive leadership board of the church.
4. Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
- Ability to flex with job description and take on increased responsibilities over time.
- Demonstrate willingness to be mentored by senior pastor and other seasoned church leaders.
- Demonstrate a healthy sense of self-awareness through assessment tools like MBTI, Workplace Big 5, DISC.
- Education and experience: minimum Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years of progressive experience in a church ministry position.
- Ordained, or pursuing ordination, with The Christian & Missionary Alliance.
A schedule of approximately 50 hours per week is a normal and reasonable expectation for full-time pastoral staff. One regular full day off is expected and should be guarded carefully for the sake of personal and family health. At the same time, recognize that needs and crises cannot be predictably scheduled and extended hours are occasionally called for. The flexible nature of ministry makes schedule adjustments possible as the need dictates.
Salary package and Review process and termination guidelines
- Full-time salary and benefits package will be provided.
- Specifics will be negotiated and detailed in a written Ministry Agreement for the position.
Apply to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18