Grace Community Church of Boca Raton is prayerfully seeking to fill the position of SENIOR PASTOR/HEAD OF STAFF. The complete church information form and position description are available at www.graceboca.org: http://images.acswebnetworks.com/1/2140/CIFPD032714.pdf.
Grace Community Church is located in beautiful and sunny Boca Raton, Florida on the Atlantic coast between West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. We have 500 active members and an average worship attendance of 350. Grace Community Church became a member of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) denomination in 2013.
SENIOR PASTOR/HEAD OF STAFF POSITION DESCRIPTION
The role of the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff is a full-time commitment with responsibility for worship, serving as Head of Staff in overseeing daily operational and personnel matters, providing Pastoral Care for congregants, moderating the Session, interfacing with the ECO denomination and other duties as assigned by the Session.
* A clear conversion testimony and assurance of salvation
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Bible; strong preaching skills with the ability to proclaim the Gospel and lead people to repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ as the risen Savior and Son of God
* Willing to receive and adopt the essential tenants of ECO and be eligible for membership in the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians as a Pastor Head of Staff
* Masters degree required
* 10+ years in Ministry in the United States with three years experience as a Lead or Senior Pastor preferred
* Demonstrated people and communication skills; comfortable relating to people of all ages
* Proven track record with a church of substantial membership and growth over time
* Teaching experience and ability to equip people at all stages with a deepening knowledge and ability to apply Biblical principals in their daily lives and to minister to others
* Excellent management, organizational, fiscal, and administrative skills
* Successful track record in recruiting, team building and staff mentoring
* Familiarity and comfort level with church technology and computer systems
* Prepare, lead, pray, preach the Word, and administer the sacraments in Sunday worship and other services as appropriate
* Embrace and nurture the church family, striving to build unity, healing, fellowship and reaching out to strengthen existing, inactive and new member relationships and connections
* Provide leadership and ministry concerning change, conflict management, reconciliation, planning and growth
* Guide the congregation in ever deepening personal and corporate prayer
* Supervise activities of the church working in partnership with the staff, ministries, committees and teams to assist them in carrying out their assigned tasks and providing accountability for results
* Provide leadership for budgeting and financial planning; manage accountability of stewardship/finance teams
* Provide pastoral care to include visitation, crisis care, counseling and officiate at weddings, baptisms and memorials as requested
* Plan and moderate Session and Congregational meetings in consultation with the Clerk of Session and in accordance with the bylaws of Grace Community Church and the polity of ECO
* Conduct staff meetings weekly to coordinate program and administrative responsibilities, to provide continuity of vision and leadership, to establish accountability measures and to build a unified team
* Provide leadership in the search process for open pastoral and staff positions
* Exercise general oversight of church facilities
* Represent Grace Community Church to the Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians (ECO) and to the community and community organizations
Compensation and Housing:
Compensation for the Senior Pastor includes salary and housing allowance, pension plan, medical insurance and other benefits to be determined.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the Senior Pastor Position should send a resume and letter of introduction along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information on the church and the complete CIF/Position Description may be obtained at www.graceboca.org: http://images.acswebnetworks.com/1/2140/CIFPD032714.pdf.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorBakerstown Alliance Church
- Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Senior PastorMeriden Evangelical Free Church
- Meriden, Iowa
- December 8
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
Grace Community Church