Who we are:
For over 50 years Bridgepoint church has been serving Boise and reaching out with the Gospel around the world. Our mission is to, “Love God, love people where they are, and help them follow Jesus”. This statement guides us in everything that we do. We are a church that is serious about loving people where they are. We want to help people follow Jesus regardless of how old they are, what circumstances they are going through, or where they live. Bridgepoint is one church with two locations, one in Boise and one 12 miles away in Meridian.
Where we live:
Idaho????? The only thing most people know about Idaho is potatoes and a blue football field. Boise is one of the fastest growing communities in the Northwest. It is regularly recognized as a top community to raise a family, and as a result it is young, active, and vibrant.
Boise ranked No. 11 in Livability.com's list of 100 Best Places to Live. Forbes recently named Boise the #2 best city to raise a family in. We love it here!
What’s going on:
We have a great opportunity for the right person. Youth ministry is a high priority, we have a long history of loving students. In fact, in 33 years, we have only had 4 youth pastors! Our current youth pastor is following God’s call to adult ministry. We support what Mike is doing, and see it as a healthy transition in his calling and career development.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior High Youth Pastor will lead a comprehensive and active Youth Ministry at Bridgepoint church that supplements the discipleship efforts of parents and coordinates with the Vision, Core Values, and goals of Bridgepoint Church. The Youth Pastor is to live out our Mission statement among students. By personally loving God, and loving people, he will lead by serving, teaching, and being an example to students, congregation, and community.
We value a team approach to ministry. The youth pastor's privilege and responsibility is to be an important part of the pastoral team. He also is to recruit and train volunteer youth leaders.
The right person will…
- Lead as a Pastor, serving not only students, but the entire congregation and community.
- Live out a growing relationship with Jesus, one that can be imitated by others ( I Corinthians 11:1)
- Have a passion for High school students and the ability to relate to them.
- Have a wife who is equally passionate about student ministry.
- Think globally about the church and will enthusiastically take on projects and roles outside their ministry when necessary.
- Be driven to creatively produce solutions instead of reciting challenges
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with all students, parents, church staff, congregation, and community.
- Be a self-starter and excellent on following through on details
- Be an active member of Bridgepoint church, fully supporting and implementing the vision, values, and leadership.
- Excel in an environment that is challenging, fast paced, hardworking, and team oriented.
- Can plan and execute the plan to completion.
- Seek creative ways to involve students from both campuses.
- Understand High school ministry fits into a, bigger picture. Student ministry is to come along side parents, to help, encourage, and reinforce what is being taught in the home. Student ministry partners with children’s ministry in a strategic plan for 1st through 12th grade. Each ministry builds upon the other to accomplish core competencies of Scripture and service.
- Embrace a look back to serve, and look ahead mentality that views student ministry as a vital piece of an entire picture of the church.
The position in a nutshell:
- Plan and execute a weekly service for High school students that is accessible to both campuses which includes teaching the Bible to our Senior High students.
- Work with the existing middle school staff and volunteers wtih in student ministry.
- Be available on Sunday morning worship services to serve wherever needed.
- Develop and execute an annual calendar of ministry opportunities and activities for students.
- Recruit and disciple adult and youth volunteer leaders to care for and love students of Bridgepoint church.
- Help students live out their passion for Christ through serving opportunities, mission’s trips, etc.
- Serve on Bridgepoint church’s Executive Team of staff members, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Continually engage and support the parents of students.
- Maintain proper practices in his home and be a spiritual leader to his family.
- Meet with the family ministry team to strategize, and encourage one another.
- Provide pastoral care for volunteer leaders under his supervision.
- Performs all other duties and responsibility as assigned by the Family Pastor, or Senior Pastor.
If you are interested, what are the next steps?
- Submit your resume and video of you teaching (if available) to:
- A detailed job description is available.
Thank you for your interest,
Pastor Jeff Love
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Student Ministry Director - 1736MinisterSearch
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- January 20
Youth PastorPrivate Profile
- Albany, Oregon
- January 20
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
At Bridgepoint Church we believe that our purpose comes from the Bible. "Jesus said to Him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart...soul...mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Laws and the Prophets." ~Matthew 22:37-40 In short, our purpose is,"To love God. To love people where they are and help them follow Jesus!" More...