Family Ministry Pastor Job Description
- Position title: Family Ministry Pastor
- Overseen by: Church Elders and Lead pastor
- Primary Ministry: Leading, training, teaching, and oversight of youth and children’s ministries
- Purpose of position: To provide primary leadership to the overall youth and children’s ministry at FBCA with the primary goal of supporting Christian parents and complementing non-Christian parents (when possible) in the evangelism and discipleship of
children from birth through grade twelve.
- Approximate hours/week required by this position: 20-25 hours per week
- Salary Range: $15,000 - $20,000/annually
- Benefits of this position to First Baptist Church: To provide support for Christian parents with teens & Children and to plant the Gospel in teens & children from non-Christians homes.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS- Leadership, Teaching, and Shepherding.
HEART- Love for children and teens, desiring to see them grow in their knowledge of Christ. Appreciation for the God-given, primary role of parents in discipleship. Must meet scriptural qualifications
for an elder-pastor-overseer (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
ABILITIES- Ability to relate well with people, especially children, youth, and parents. Reliable and able to hold matters in confidence. Ability to teach Scripture. Computer literate.
PERSONALITY- High-level people skills with competent organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE- Leadership experience in ministry geared to youth or children, even as a volunteer, required. Some bachelors or seminary training in ministry to youth or children preferred.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Youth
- To reach out to teenagers and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to build a youth ministry at FBCA.
- To construct a youth ministry that mirrors the overall vision for FBCA.
- To communicate opportunities for discipleship of students by parents in conjunction with the youth ministry.
- To provide training with the Lead Pastor to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their teenagers in discipleship.
- To prayerfully consider engaging outside ministries and/or churches to supplement FBCA’s youth program.
- To recruit, train, and deploy lay volunteers to support the youth ministry.
- To provide a model to teenagers of a godly lifestyle.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Children
- To reach out to children and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to grow the children’s ministry at FBCA. A special focus will be placed on reaching out to My First School families with a goal of building relationships and sharing the
Gospel with them.
- To provide leadership to the children’s ministry of FBCA by working with and recruiting volunteer ministry directors for our Children’s Sunday School, Nursery, Children’s Church, and Vacation Bible School/Sports Camp Ministries. A special focus will be
placed on communicating opportunities for discipleship of children by parents in conjunction with the children’s ministry, as well as ministry needs and volunteer opportunities.
- To provide support to the Lead Pastor for our Upward Basketball and Flag Football outreach partnership between FBCA and Faith Baptist Church of Streetsboro.
- To provide support to the Lead Pastor to provide training to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their children in discipleship.
- To assist the Lead Pastor to recruit, train, and deploy lay leaders in support of the children’s ministry.
General ministry responsibilities
- To provide support to FBCA’s Sunday morning ministries.
- To provide general administrative support to FBCA’s ministries, as needed.
- To serve as an equal member of FBCA’s elder team.
- To meet regularly with the pastor to foster communication, relationship, and accountability.
- To provide support for all-church events, with a focus on connecting children and teens to such events.
- To develop and manage the annual budget for the youth and children’s ministries at FBCA.
For consideration, please mail, e-mail, or fax a cover letter and resume to: Pastor Drew Carroll, First Baptist Church of Aurora, 79 E. Mennonite Rd., Aurora, OH 44202. E-Mail: email@example.com - Fax: 330-562-8244