Family Ministry Pastor Job Description
- Position title: Family Ministry Pastor
- Overseen by: Church Elders and Lead pastor
- Primary Ministry: Leading, training, teaching, and oversight of youth and children’s ministries
- Purpose of position: To provide primary leadership to the overall youth and children’s ministry at FBCA with the primary goal of supporting Christian parents and complementing non-Christian parents (when possible) in the evangelism and discipleship of children from birth through grade twelve.
- Approximate hours/week required by this position: 20-25 hours per week
- Salary Range: $15,000 - $20,000/annually
- Benefits of this position to First Baptist Church: To provide support for Christian parents with teens & Children and to plant the Gospel in teens & children from non-Christians homes.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS- Leadership, Teaching, and Shepherding.
HEART- Love for children and teens, desiring to see them grow in their knowledge of Christ. Appreciation for the God-given, primary role of parents in discipleship. Must meet scriptural qualifications for an elder-pastor-overseer (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
ABILITIES- Ability to relate well with people, especially children, youth, and parents. Reliable and able to hold matters in confidence. Ability to teach Scripture. Computer literate.
PERSONALITY- High-level people skills with competent organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE- Leadership experience in ministry geared to youth or children, even as a volunteer, required. Some bachelors or seminary training in ministry to youth or children preferred.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Youth
- To reach out to teenagers and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to build a youth ministry at FBCA.
- To construct a youth ministry that mirrors the overall vision for FBCA.
- To communicate opportunities for discipleship of students by parents in conjunction with the youth ministry.
- To provide training with the Lead Pastor to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their teenagers in discipleship.
- To prayerfully consider engaging outside ministries and/or churches to supplement FBCA’s youth program.
- To recruit, train, and deploy lay volunteers to support the youth ministry.
- To provide a model to teenagers of a godly lifestyle.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Children
- To reach out to children and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to grow the children’s ministry at FBCA. A special focus will be placed on reaching out to My First School families with a goal of building relationships and sharing the Gospel with them.
- To provide leadership to the children’s ministry of FBCA by working with and recruiting volunteer ministry directors for our Children’s Sunday School, Nursery, Children’s Church, and Vacation Bible School/Sports Camp Ministries. A special focus will be placed on communicating opportunities for discipleship of children by parents in conjunction with the children’s ministry, as well as ministry needs and volunteer opportunities.
- To provide support to the Lead Pastor for our Upward Basketball and Flag Football outreach partnership between FBCA and Faith Baptist Church of Streetsboro.
- To provide support to the Lead Pastor to provide training to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their children in discipleship.
- To assist the Lead Pastor to recruit, train, and deploy lay leaders in support of the children’s ministry.
General ministry responsibilities
- To provide support to FBCA’s Sunday morning ministries.
- To provide general administrative support to FBCA’s ministries, as needed.
- To serve as an equal member of FBCA’s elder team.
- To meet regularly with the pastor to foster communication, relationship, and accountability.
- To provide support for all-church events, with a focus on connecting children and teens to such events.
- To develop and manage the annual budget for the youth and children’s ministries at FBCA.
For consideration, please mail, e-mail, or fax a cover letter and resume to: Pastor Drew Carroll, First Baptist Church of Aurora, 79 E. Mennonite Rd., Aurora, OH 44202. E-Mail: email@example.com - Fax: 330-562-8244
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Associate Pastor of Family MinistriesAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13
Youth Pastor (At Our Clarksburg Campus)Church of the Redeemer
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- January 12
First Baptist Church of Aurora
Our church is all about bringing glory to God by being family oriented. Everything we do strives to help families become all that God wants them to be, as we primarily rely upon God's Word and prayer.More...