Position Description: TECHINCAL DIRECTOR
To oversee the technical implementation of strategy and planning that comes from Executive and Design Teams.
The Technical Director will span in responsibility from immediate technical oversight and troubleshooting with staff to long-term technical direction in conjunction with Executive and Design Teams.
A. Within the Technical Services Department:
- Supervise and coordinate staff and volunteers who serve on the technical team.
- Design and execute all sound, set, lights, media and video production for each weekly service and all (church related) special events at the direction of the Executive Committee.
- Serve on the communications committee.
- Manage technical teams to produce worship services and special events.
- Provide training on technical equipment, as needed.
- Operate various technical systems when staffing is light or season is slow.
- Identify equipment needs and advise on the procurement of the same.
- Keep all technical systems functioning properly by usage oversight and appropriate maintenance of technical equipment.
- Learn and guide others in the emerging field of technical arts.
- Adapt professional skills and background into effective ministry strategy.
- Develop a philosophy of ministry that incorporates staff buy-in and loyalty.
- Build and maintain healthy teams for ongoing technical functions.
- Understand and experience the dynamics of working with ministry leadership teams.
B. Within Westminster Chapel:
- Partner with Technical Arts, Creative Arts, Design Team, Facilities Team and other Chapel ministries to assist with continuing implementation of sound and other technical systems.
- Assure the audio and visual technical services and quality for events throughout the church.
- Assist the Design Team and other Chapel ministries in planning worship services and events.
- Support other ministries whenever and wherever available.
- Increase the volunteer base for Technical Arts in the areas of Media, Sound, Video, Sets, Lights, etc.
- Manage the Technical Team to produce special events, and provide technical support to clients contracted through the Community Relations Ministry (eg. Bible Study Fellowship, Overlake Senior Fair, Mission Fest, etc.).
- Work with the Facilities Team to enhance the technical support systems for weekly programs, monthly special events, and outside events (eg. weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Explore ways to leverage the use of the chapel’s platform/stage for Sunday service formats, Level One Events (eg. Christmas, Easter, VBS, Lunar New Year), and Special Celebrations (eg. Year of Jubilee).
- Facilitate special productions, as identified (eg. Christmas “Let There Be Light,” etc.)
- Build an inter-generational team (Tech Crew) to blend multiple and diverse teams; providing training for them as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS/TEAM WORK:
- Demonstrate initiative by anticipating needs and solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work flow and production situations.
- Communication, cooperation, and assistance are given promptly and in a courteous manner to pastors, co-workers, subordinates, volunteers, outside contractors, the congregation, and the public.
- A standard of excellence in ministry and accountability will be maintained at all times.
- Agreement with the Westminster Chapel Statement of Faith and with the general philosophy of ministry.
- Extensive experience in the planning and presentation of corporate worship, creative arts, and stage production.
- Extensive knowledge of required software (Office, ProPresenter, ProVideoPlayer, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
- Strong background and experience in professional audio and lighting systems and skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and supervisorial skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Detail orientation.
- Strong guest-service attitude and sensitivity towards the Holy Spirit and Worship.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Operations/Teaching
Works with: Executive Team, Design Team, Executive Pastor of Strategy/Creative Arts, and all Westminster ministries needing technical support.
Supervises: Technical Staff
This job description is not all–inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor at any time. All entitlements are subject to Westminster Chapel’s policies, as amended from time to time by those in administrative leadership.