Worship Leader/Youth Pastor
Adobe Christian Church in Petaluma, CA, is looking for full time staff member to Lead Worship, oversee our youth ministry and be a real partner in leadership with me, the lead pastor. My name is Bill Funk and I have been at adobe for just short of 11 years.
We are a growing church (200-225 in weekly attendance) in a city of about 60,000 people 45 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Our community in the North Bay Area is largely unchurched. In fact Petaluma is only 4% churched and that includes 2 very large Catholic churches. So you must be someone who is comfortable working in a region where God is simply not the priority. Churchy
talk and ministry only to Christians won’t cut it here. So honestly, if you don’t have a real desire to reach people who don’t think like you then this is not the right fit.
We're looking for someone who is able to develop teams, teach, plan, cast a vision and implement a long term growing ministry. Of course, we need you to be competent leading Worship from the guitar and able to work with our team of musicians. Also you
should have a real love for and deep interest in working with students from 7th-12th grade.
Some things to know about Adobe...
- Our church has been on our 10 acre piece of property for over 35 years and it is completely paid for.
- Our mission is to reach unchurched people and we work extremely hard at being authentic and down to earth. We are a real family.
- We believe in equipping and supporting our staff and volunteers. This means that at Adobe you'll be free to dream, vision cast, and implement new and exciting ways to engage the youth of our church and our worship teams.
- I’m looking for someone to be a real partner with me in ministry. So I am looking for a comrade to share the journey, to help teach and to challenge me to see things I have not seen before. We want to grow. I want to grow.
- We are a denominational church (Assemblies of God) but act and function more like a non-denominational church.
Specific Job responsibilities/expectations...
- Develop a ministry system for Jr. and Sr. High students that takes them on a path from non-Christian to being a real follower of Jesus.
- Create dynamic weekly gatherings for Jr. High and Senior High students to bring their friends and encounter Christ.
- Prepare, plan and lead our worship team. You will be responsible for Sunday morning worship. You will also lead a couple songs at our Tuesday morning 6:30am Prayer time.
- In addition, we are connected with other churches in our community in a group called City Ministries. This is nothing but pure joy to be a part of. You will be required to attend our weekly prayer times and annual retreat and will
be asked to occasionally lead worship at City Ministries events.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, then please contact me by
EMAIL ONLY at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t call the church. Please attach a resume, an audio or video sample of your teaching if available, a photo of you and your spouse (if married) and also feel free to send us anything else that you believe
would be helpful in our hiring process.
Additionally, please tell me the last 3 leadership books you have actually read, how you spend your quiet time with God (which devotionals do you read, including the Bible?) and lastly, the top 10 songs on your ideal playlist, favorite
sports teams, top 5 favorite films.