Crossroads Bible Church
Job Description: Junior High Director
PHILOSOPHY OF UNITED STUDENT MINISTRIES
The student ministries department at Crossroads Bible Church seeks to run a relational style philosophy in order to best minister to kids. By this, we hope to build into student’s lives and shepherd them to grow closer in their walk with Jesus. We want
to know them by name, be a part of their lives, and encourage them with the truth of God’s word. Furthermore, our vision is to be a student-led, relational ministry. We believe students are the best people to reach other students, and therefore we want to
equip them to be leaders.
The purpose of the Junior High Director is to serve the church by overseeing, administering and coordinating an effective and comprehensive Junior High Ministry in accordance with the Philosophy of United Student Ministries.
- Directly lead a relational style of ministry for the Junior High Ministry (6th-8th grades)
- Work with the Student Ministries Director to equip, train, and oversee the adult volunteer teams serving within the Junior High ministry
- Oversee the pastoral care of junior high students at CBC by connecting them with identifiable shepherds
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of Junior High programs such as, but not limited to; small groups, large group gatherings, service projects, community building and outreach activities, summer camps and mission trips, etc.
- Connect with students by meeting them on their turf, i.e.; attending their events, doing on-campus ministry at their schools, spending time with them outside of regular church programs, provide opportunities for students to connect with each other, etc.
- Develop and equip student leaders and provide student leadership teams
- Prepare for and teach within the Junior High ministry on a regular basis to disciple students
- Provide biblical counsel to students, families, and volunteer staff as necessary
- Work with administrative assistant(s) to provide effective administration of the Junior High Ministry including budgetary and ministry planning
- Directly accountable to the Student Ministry Director
- Attends weekly student ministry meetings and individual meetings as needed
- May attend meetings of the Elder Council
Full-time | Exempt | Salaried
- Shall demonstrate steps towards the qualifications of an elder as outlined in I Tim 3 and Titus 1
- Shall demonstrate a heart and passion for pastoral ministry to youth
- Shall have the ability to communicate effectively to that particular age group
- Shall have the ability to work effectively with the lay staff as well as with the parents of the students involved within the ministry
- Shall be able to work well within a servant leadership style team in the student ministries department
- Shall demonstrate a commitment to goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of CBC
- Be highly relational with students and leaders
- College Degree (4 year)
- Minimum 3 years actively leading in student ministries of at least 50 students
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
- Prefer a 5 year commitment
- Prefer between the age of 22-30
The Student Ministry Director has the responsibility for the initiation and update of this job description with the concurrence of the Executive Pastor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary as approved by the Council of Elders. Includes housing allowance as appropriate
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) as provided by Crossroads Bible Church
- Group Disability insurance
- Retirement Benefit (per policy)
- Vacation Time per CBC personnel policy
- Staff resource budget for ministry resources (books, subscriptions, conferences)