The Associate Director of Worship Arts demonstrates spiritual maturity in Christ while providing servant leadership in the development and implementation of contemporary worship that glorifies God. This is a significant leadership role with the responsibility of investing in band members, both spiritually and musically. He/She will oversee all aspects of our contemporary worship services including: planning, scheduling, recruiting, training, rehearsing, producing, and leading. The right candidate will be able to balance worship experiences that appeal to current members while developing expressions of worship that would appeal to new generations of Christians.
With the oversight and support of the Director of Worship Arts the Associate Director of Worship Arts is responsible to:
- Provide creative and servant leadership for all contemporary worship services at Christ United Methodist Church (CUMC). This includes Vibe (Sunday morning), Summit (Sunday evening), and Uprising (Wednesday evening).
- Lead passionately the contemporary worship services with the capacity to develop a worship ministry that will meet the needs of the ever-changing church.
- Select music and other elements for worship services.
- Create tracks.
- Direct band rehearsals (vocals and instrumentalists).
- Propagate a culture of worship among band members, encouraging all involved to think like worship leaders.
- Further our worship environment with the use and integration of technology.
- Take primary responsibility for developing existing team-members as well as training new/potential band members.
- Help plan and execute seasonal and outreach worship experiences (e.g. Christmas Music Festival, Christmas Eve, Easter, Night of Worship, etc.).
- Foster creativity in a wide variety of worship expressions.
- Serve as staff soloist/musician and/or worship leader for staff functions, funerals, etc.
- Attend all required staff, planning, and production meetings.
- In the absence of Director of Worship Arts, fill in as is necessary.
- Baccalaureate (4-year) college degree in music or related field.
- Experience leading contemporary worship.
- Strong knowledge of various worship styles and an understanding of cultural trends related to all areas of worship.
- Strong vocalist with the ability to play guitar.
- Familiar with a variety of instruments (bass, drums, guitar, keys, etc.).
- Ability to write music charts and create tracks as needed.
- Practice effective and efficient organization.
- Demonstrate a basic working knowledge of lighting, sound, video, and the following software: Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Ableton Live (or comparable DAW software), and be able to work within ITunes, IMovie, and Garage Band.
- Knowledge of and experience leading traditional worship (including working with choirs) a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience of media production.
- Proven ability to recruit, equip, train, and care for servant volunteers and leaders.
- Personal Maturity: is approachable, credible, and trustworthy; has the ability to hear and speak truth, as well as resolve issues in a Christ-like manner.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: relates well to servant volunteers, staff, peers, and leadership, treating them with dignity and respect, as well as creating an atmosphere of trust.
- Emotional Well Being: seeks to love God and neighbor by serving others; does not seek self-recognition, security, or power.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development.
- Displays a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal spiritual growth through prayer, bible study, spiritual formation, and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position to be a calling, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of servant leaders at CUMC including covenant faithfulness in marriage or celibacy in singleness, membership, worship attendance, small group participation, a lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and service to others outside of calling and giftedness (e.g., missions).
- Values, honors, and respects the church, leadership, and other team members.
- Active participant in the Christ United church family.
- Endorse and support Christ United Methodist Church’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Exemplify servant leadership, humility, and patience.
- Communicate openly and tactfully.
- Be comfortable working in a fluid, rapidly changing environment.
- Hold ideas loosely and be open to team contribution.
- Prioritize and manage workload effectively with limited supervision.
- Be flexible, and available to regularly work weekends and other non-standard hours.
- Build relationships with worship staff and volunteers.
- Full-Time Exempt Salaried Position.
- 40-45 hours/week (regular weekend presence required).
- Salary – dependant on experience, skills, and education.
The Associate Director of Worship Arts reports to the Director of Worship Arts and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Send resumes or direct inquiries to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.christunitedjxn.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Christ United Methodist Church
Our mission statement tells what is at the core of our existence: "Making Disciples of Jesus Christ Who... Know Him, Love Him, and Serve Him." In short, we are learners and followers of Christ who are committed to real relationships and making other disciples. The doors of Christ United are wide open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their discipleship journey. To reflect the mission, our goal is to generously infuse life and God's love into individuals, families and the community through Christ encountering wors More...