Cedar Run Community Church (www.cedarrun.net) is seeking an energetic, grounded and talented individual to lead the church through music and worship arts. CRCC is a dynamic, growing Christian congregation located near Washington Dulles International Airport
in Fairfax County, Virginia.
CRCC ‘s next Worship Leader will help the congregation connect with the Lord through music. As Pastor Tim Sheppard wrote in the March 2014 issue of
Worship Leader Magazine:
We are called to connect with God and to connect with people as we lead worship. The very title ‘Worship Leader’ emphasizes both the vertical and horizontal dynamics of our role. We worship (vertically connect with God), and we also lead (horizontally
connect with the congregation).
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as a member of the ministry leadership team (Pastor / Executive Pastor) and be an integral member of the church
- Lead the existing Worship Team to excellence
- Develop a culture of leadership among Worship Team members
- Select great songs for the people to sing in worship
- Assist other ministries with the musical aspects of their ministries
- Provide guidance on other aspects of worship arts within the church (media, sound, lighting, etc.)
Candidate’s should review the CRCC statement of faith, mission and values statements available on the church website www.cedarrun.net .
The typical Sunday Cedar Run Worship Team is composed of Guitarists (lead electric, rhythm electric/acoustic) Bass, keys, drums and vocalists. The team repertoire includes most CCLI top 100 worship songs from sources such as: Hillsong; Integrity; Chris
Tomlin; Jesus Culture; Steve Fee; Gungor; Matt Redman, etc. along with the great songs of the church.
Candidates must provide the following with their request to be considered:
- Complete resume, including education and complete employment history and salary requirements
- Statement of Faith and personal testimony
- Sample of candidate’s worship leading
- Statement of why they believe they should be the next CRCC Worship Leader including their personal ministry vision statement.