Director of Kids Ministries
Full Time Salary Exempt
The Director of Kids Ministries will create, organize, lead & direct ministries for all children age birth to 6th grade. This position serves as a member of the Family Ministries team. He or she will work closely with the Director of Student Ministries and
Director of Connections in order to design holistic family ministry strategies, and will lead a highly dedicated team of Kids Ministries staff and volunteers to bring those strategies to life.
Specific Skills, Gifts, Talents Needed
- Commitment: A desire to lead Christ Church’s kids to accept Jesus and live a Christian life, along with an authentic love for, patience with, and good understanding of kids.
- Leadership: Leader, big-picture planner, and motivator—able to build great teams of staff & volunteers in order to implement kids ministry strategies.
- Coaching/Training: Inspiring and engaging facilitator who can move easily between individual and team tasks. Able to discern, encourage and enhance the gifts of others through collaboration.
- Innovation: Continually looks for new ways to capture kids’ imaginations and to convey God’s message in age appropriate ways. Leverage technology tools and applications to communicate with and manage growing number of parents and
- Communication: Able to relate to and connect with many different audiences—staff, volunteers, parents, & kids of various age groups—and deliver messages effectively using a variety of techniques and strategies.
- Organizational/Planning: Able to focus on desired outcomes of each program component and align resources and volunteers to accomplish those goals; balance the demands of weekly ministry programs with the foresight necessary to plan
occasional large-scale events.
- Relational: Able to connect authentically with others and build relationships of mutual trust and support. Exhibits compassion, patience, and an outgoing and nurturing personality. Demonstrates maturity in emotional and spiritual
judgment and overall demeanor.
- Faithful: Exhibits a personal experience of conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as demonstrated through a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Maintains highest level of Christian standards in both
personal and professional life.
- In concert with the vision and mission of Christ Church to worship, connect and serve, provide the leadership needed to design, develop and deliver high quality ministry programming for all kids (birth-6th grade) within Christ Church and the
- Coordinate and/or lead weekly programming in the following areas:
- Discovery (Pre-K through 6th grade programming)
- Discovery (Pre-K programming)
- Kid City (Elementary programming)
- Charge56 (5th and 6th grade programming)
- Wednesday (Sep-Dec and Jan-May)
- Launch Station (Pre-K)
- Rocket Station (Lower elementary)
- Explore Station (Upper elementary)
- Recruit, equip and support great teams of volunteers to facilitate weekend and Wednesday evening programming, as well as special, large scale events.
- Develop opportunities for kids to actively serve others within the church, in the community and in the world such as mission projects and mission trips.
- On a weekly basis, participate in collaborative thinking, design and planning efforts with other staff leaders to create intentional synergy among all the various Christ Church discipleship programs for the purpose of connecting and supporting parents and
helping families transition between various life stages.
- Communicate the overall vision, goals and strategy of the Kids Ministries to parents and the church at large.
- Perform administrative tasks as driven by the overall church organization, such as budgets, church council reports, annual statistics, weekly staff meetings, etc.
- Complete the Membership Class and become a member of Christ Church within one year of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of paid professional experience leading a large scale (100+) Kids ministry
- Proven track record of managing ministry growth
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, ability to practice confidentiality, be self-motivated and a team player.