Saratoga Presbyterian Church
TITLE : Asst. Worship and Arts Director
PURPOSE : In partnership with the Director of Worship and Arts, this individual will be responsible for assisting to lead the musical and worship aspects of the weekly worship service at SPC. Once a month, this individual will be the primary worship
leader in the service. In time, this individual will provide pastoral leadership to the band, including weekly arrangements of music, vocal training, and instrumental rehearsals. This person will see as a primary function the facilitation of
others’ ability to encounter the living God through the worship experience.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Director of Worship and Arts and serves under the authority of the Pastor.
1. Serve as an asst. minister to the Director of Worship and Arts.
2. This individual, when a team is created, will shepherd worship teams, musicians, emphasizing teamwork, fellowship and healthy communication among one another.
3. In consultation with Director of Worship and Arts, participate in the weekly planning of worship music.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals and presentation of music appropriate to the life of the church for all musicians and vocalists involved in the upcoming service.
5. Assist in the recruitment and organization of participants in the music ministries, sound and media teams.
6. Develop musical gifts in volunteer members and provide instruction in musical technique for the worship services.
7. Assist in creating the flow for worship with the Director or Music and Arts, and the pastors, place weekly song/hymn lyrics and other elements of the service (welcome, announcements, sermon notes, etc.)
into the Planning Center and Pro Presenter slides.
8. Meet weekly with Director of Worship and Arts, and pastors to discuss program and worship matters.
9. Once a month, be the main worship leader for the 10am service.
1. A vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. An equal love to worship God through a traditional and contemporary style of worship.
3. Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
4. Previous experience in contemporary worship leadership.
5. Knowledgeable in a wide range of Christian worship music and an ability to integrate musical variety in to a worship service.
6. Vocal and/or instrumental proficiency.
7. Proficiency in sound and multi-media in worship.
8. Ability to incorporate technical arts in to the worship experience.
9. Desire to grow and gain new skills and knowledge in the area of worship leadership.
1. Degree in music.
2. Worship leadership in a multi-generational church setting.
3. Recruitment and leadership of volunteers.
4. Use of multi-media in worship, including use of The Planning Center and Pro Presenter software.
5. Technical knowledge of soundboard.
TERMS OF POSITION:
Non-exempt Employee, Hourly
Hourly $22.00-30.00, commensurate with experience
Hours 10-13 per week.
Also open to contract at $15,000-20,500 year
Professional Development Negotiable
Benefits According to SPC Employee Handbook
Please contact and/or send resumes to Kevin Friesen, Director of Worship & Arts at