South Hills Church, nestled in the Tri-Cities in southeast Washington, is seeking a Family Life Pastor who will effectively develop and lead dynamic ministries that primarily reaches young adults (18-25) and young families with the gospel, grows them as
disciples of Jesus, equips them as disciple-makers, and assimilates them in a healthy way into the church body. He will be an advocate for and oversee the structures and atmosphere of the Family Ministries (Children’s, Young adults, and Young Families) ensuring
that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation.
Under the direct leadership of the Executive Pastor, the Family Life Pastor works closely with all ministry staff and Lead Pastor. He will have direct reports from Pre-school and Elementary Coordinators. Additionally he will provide leadership to our lay Men’s
Ministry Director and Women’s Ministry Director.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Graduate of Bible College. Seminary graduate preferred.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures.
- Fulfill the duties required of South Hills Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
- Passionate about casting vision and developing young leaders.
- Proven ability to effectively teach and preach God’s Word to a multi-generational congregation.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others at a deacon or elder level.
- Strength in leadership for the church.
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with other church staff to shepherd and lead God’s church and to promote values, visions, and goals established by the Lead Pastor and Elders.
- Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching God’s Word and demonstrating living Christian faith through the relational interaction between the Family Life pastor, other leaders, and those he shepherds.
- Develop and implement discipleship strategy for Young Adults and Young Families.
- Provide events and social connects for outreach and community for Young Adults and Young Families.
- Leads evangelism strategies and efforts for reaching young adults in the Kennewick area and greater Tri-City area, especially at the young adult hubs (schools, training centers, social gatherings).
- Shepherd staff and volunteers of children ministry, birth through fifth grade, providing leadership to respective Coordinators in recruiting/training volunteers and establishing curriculum.
- Promote community and discipleship for young families through our existing Life Group program.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd young adult and young family volunteers.
- Manage and administrate needs and annual budget for Family Life Ministries.
- Operates as the primary teacher for Young Adults with opportunity to preach in main worship experience (several times a year).
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings with Ministry leadership team.
- Participate in local and regional missions.
Submit resume and a list of references to
Posting closes April 26, 2014