The purpose of this position is to work in a hands-on manner to develop and implement effective human resource solutions in support of business objectives. Purpose is also to identify areas of risk, gaps between organizational needs and employee capabilities,
and develop tangible action plans targeting key areas of focus.
Part Time (20-25 hour per week)
Reports to the Pastor of Business and Administration
Highlights of Role:
- Manage recruitment, hiring process including onboarding of new employees to insure adherence to all applicable state and federal laws; oversee background check process; oversee new employee orientation to insure smooth transition for new employees.
- Consult with Executive Leadership Team to assist with the development of organizational structures as needed.
- Manage process to release staff when necessary including voluntary and involuntary departures.
- Intervene in staff problems and conflicts as necessary; coach leaders in these areas including counseling and Performance Improvement Plan process.
- Manage and update employee Recognition and Rewards Program.
- Develop and maintain Wellness Program.
- Manage staff evaluation and goal setting process.
- Assist ELT with Job Description decisions to insure alignment across the organization.
- Manage salary surveys and research and consult with Executive Leadership Team on all compensation issues.
- Manage staff development process.
- Provide ongoing leader training to enhance strengths and ability to lead effectively through formalized training and leader roundtables.
- Develop, update and maintain all necessary internal policies and procedures, including Employee Handbook.
- Work with Finance closely on overlapping areas including benefits, financial policies, insurance and record keeping.
- Oversee all safety issues across the organization. Develop and upgrade policies and guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct all internal investigations and insure the proper process is in place.
- Conduct audits as necessary to insure proper record keeping and compliance with all federal and local laws.
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
- 5+ years Human Resource experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
RELOCATION COMPENSATION NOT AVAILABLE-SEEKING LOCAL APPLICANTS