Iron City Baptist Church is a growing congregation located an hour from Birmingham and an hour from Atlanta. Situated in the growing community of White Plains, Iron City is surrounded by young families and unreached communities. White Plains High School,
located just 3 minutes from the church, has doubled in size over the past 10 years.
Desiring to meet the needs of our growing congregation and community, Iron City is hiring a full-time Pastor of Discipleship and Administration. This position will receive fair pay with training and experience taken into account. The ideal candidate will
be a man of high character and high capacity. He will lead his family well, as a compelling example to the families of Iron City. He will be a details person with a passion for effective and efficient systems and strategies. He will be passionate about
God’s word and seeing it effectively taught and applied in the life of the church. He will love eating lunch with leaders and building lifelong discipleship relationships.
Ideally, this person will have experience or training in developing effective discipleship environments and in connecting new people to those environments. A seminary degree is preferable, but not required.
Please send your résumé to: email@example.com. If available, a link or file of you preaching/teaching would also be valuable.
The following is the anticipated job description for this position:
Job Title: Pastor of Discipleship and Administration
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Date Prepared: March 25, 2014
One Sentence Description:
- The Pastor of Discipleship and Administration will develop a comprehensive strategy to improve, increase, and sustain the discipleship and stewardship ministries of Iron City.
- Oversee the big picture financial operation of the church and develop systems of handling finances that are accountable and efficient in conjunction with the Finance Team.
- Evaluate and develop procedures for all purchasing and reimbursement.
- Coordinate and work with appropriate staff and the Finance Team in developing the operating budget and provide monthly communication with the lead pastor regarding the current status of the budget.
- Track attendance and giving and analyze the data.
- Oversee the online presence of Iron City, ensuring that we communicate online with excellence and clarity.
- Evaluate the insurance needs of the church and secure what is deemed necessary.
- Research legal, tax, and financial matters as they arise.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Trustees in their oversight of church facilities, investments, and properties.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of the hospitality ministries of Iron City (greeters, ushers, & security).
- Oversee the development and implementation of a discipleship strategy that enables the people of Iron City to grow in godliness and Gospel-effectiveness.
- Increase the retention rates of attendees by assimilating them into small groups by creating a membership pipeline through effective on-ramps.
- Assist other ministries in assimilating and connecting new attendees.
- Create an accountable curriculum system that ensures the biblical fidelity and Christ-centeredness of all discipleship groups.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all group leaders.
- Establish measurable goals to gauge the effectiveness of the discipleship strategy.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Missions Team (Go Team), as they oversee the local, regional, national, and international mission efforts of Iron City.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats to collaborate on overall church strategy and direction.
- Assist lead pastor in pastoral care, counseling, and pulpit supply.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Christ first, your family second, and your ministry third.
- Agree to and abide by the general staff expectations and staff values of Iron City.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the ministries of Iron City.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Iron City and always protect the unity of the church.
- Seek out opportunities, training, and books to grow both in theology and ministry competence.