Elementary Children’s Ministry Specialist (Elementary and Technical Administration)
Purpose: The Children’s Ministry Specialist will partner with the Children’s Ministry Staff under the direction of the Director of Children’s Ministry to establish goals, cast vision, and plan strategically
for ministering to children in our elementary programs and administratively support the staff and families of the Children’s Ministry at First Evangelical Free Church.
The Elementary ministry emphasis shall include children enrolled in the Kindergarten through fifth grades.
He/She will be involved in the recruiting, organizing, editing curruculumbudgeting, and overseeing of the all-Elementary programs.
The administrative emphasis will include database management and maintenance.
The goal of the Children’s Ministry is to ensure that the Children’s Ministry of First Evangelical Free Church is glorifying God by making disciples transformed by God who live to transform their world.
The Children’s Ministry Specialist is directly responsible for the following: Reports to the Children's Director
- Leading the Elementary Sunday morning program.
- Recruiting, screening, training, and leading volunteer leaders.
- Planning and executing curriculum for all Sunday morning programs, small groups and lessons.
- Evaluating and coaching volunteer leaders.
- Maintaining elementary classroom facilities.
- Inspecting equipment (classroom games) for safety and functionality.
Remove or request repairs for all broken equipment.
- Ensuring that all rooms are equipped with age appropriate activities and supplies.
- Maintaining all aspects of the database as it pertains to Children’s Ministry with assistance from Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Work with the Children’s ministry team to plan, coordinate, organize and oversee the success of special and outreach events related to children and families involved in Children’s ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all First Evangelical Free Church safety policies, practices, and procedures.
Report any unsafe activities to the Director of Children’s ministry.