Children's Minister (full-time)
Do you love to build Christ-centered outreach and inreach ministries for and among elementary students? Are you wired to develop strong, spiritually vital relationships with servant leaders and families? Do you have a desire to enrich Christ in young children
to help better equip them with Christ in their lives? Are you experienced in leading a vibrant Children's Ministry? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
The position of Children's Minister for Pinelake Church’s Madison campus is responsible for the overall vision, mission, and objectives for Pinelake Church. The Children's Minister establishes goals and objectives for elementary ministry and initiates strategies
to fulfill them. The Children's Ministry gives supervision and leadership to elementary ministry, focusing on children; ages 1st-5th grades and their families. This position invests and leads the Pinelake Kids servant leader team to grow spiritually, relationally,
and in ministry excellence.
The Children's Minister must also support processes, and procedures to implement the vision, organize weekly ministry, to foster the spiritual, evangelical, and relational foundations for the families of Pinelake Church, through servant leader owned ministries.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership to elementary ministry in the areas of servant leader development and strategic events. This includes:shepherding and development of small group leadership serving in the capacities of coordinators and teachers; special events such
as Summer Camps, Outreach Events, etc.; and Upward Sports Ministry.
- Recruits servant leaders in the areas of small group coordinators, small group teachers, and special events.
- Provides ongoing training for all servant leaders through training meetings, mentorship, and leadership through coordinators.
- Shepherds small group servant leadership teams to grow spiritually, relationally, and in ministry excellence in order to foster a team atmosphere of shared passion for children and families.
- Build processes and procedures that shepherd elementary families. This includes: Retention and assimilation processes for first-time families and implementation of a system to track and pursue children regarding their attendance.
- Prepares and manages the budget for all Children’s Ministries within the parameters established by the Family Pastor, executive management, and the Financial Ministry Team.
- Oversees the selection of all materials, curriculum, and resources for the Children’s Ministry to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths to children.
- Assists other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Conducts daily personal prayer and devotional studies for personal spiritual growth.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and two to four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.