St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
Director of Children’s Ministries
Position available April 2014
The Director of Children’s Ministry will help fulfill the mission of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church by leading an excellent, comprehensive Children’s Ministry for nursery through 5th grade. The Director will be responsible for the development and implementation
of ministry for the spiritual growth of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Director will lead a team of more than 50 volunteers, and will be responsible for preparing St. Mark’s members
to serve on Children’s Ministry teams that are most appropriate based on their gifts and talents.
- Lead Children’s Ministry with a vision that supports the overall mission, vision, and values of St. Mark’s.
- Develop and implement dynamic Sunday morning and midweek programs for nursery through 5th grade.
- Oversee outreach events, Vacation Bible School, and other opportunities for the children, parents and leaders to connect with one another.
- Oversee strategic planning/goal setting, curriculum, budget, records, and resources.
- Recruit, interview, and support volunteer leaders and Children’s Ministry staff in the development and implementation of this ministry, while providing leadership, direction and training.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ with a strong biblical foundation, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Passion for Children’s Ministry and the ability to creatively communicate the good news to children.
- Strong leadership, shepherding, teaching, communication, organizational, administration, and delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with children, parents, and leaders.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Children’s Ministry preferred.
- Experience in a large church setting of 30+ volunteer staff preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (i.e. Christian Education, Child Development, Education or other relevant discipline preferred). Extensive Children’s Ministry experience may be considered as an alternative to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Competency with basic computer software (Microsoft Office Suite) and capacity to learn new software.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume. Salary will be commensurate with experience. References and background check will be required.