JOB TITLE: Middle School Director
The MIDDLE SCHOOL DIRECTOR will be responsible for leadership, growth and discipleship in the Middle School Ministries of Westminster Chapel. This position reports directly to the Family Pastor. Working with fellow staff and a wide range of volunteers, this person…
- Collaborates with the Family Ministries staff and volunteer team to work toward common goals and vision.
- Will be knowledgeable of the Westminster Chapel mission, connecting values, and ministry strategy, and will advance this mission, adhere to these values and implement these strategies in their ministry area.
- Makes recommendations and implements decisions within the designated authority in the design, development and facilitation of an effective program to reach and disciple Middle School students in partnership with their families.
- Leads the fourth and fifth grade ministry in partnership with the Elementary Director.
- Makes Westminster Chapel (WC) their church home.
- Evidences passion for WC’s vision for individual and corporate evangelism and discipleship.
- Displays accountability to Family Ministries Team, Elders, Executive Team, Staff and the ministry of the church.
- Displays working knowledge of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives.
- On site availability for staff/congregational interaction as a team. Work time to be on and off the WC campus, as needed (i.e. school visits, discipleship and volunteer meetings, outreach, etc.), and expected to be on site for all pertinent meetings.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Key purposes-evangelism and discipleship: With strategic intention and measurable matrixes, develop programs and special events designed to reach students in the community at large (evangelism) and special events designed to deepen the body of students in the church (discipleship). While these purposes are a focus, they are not our only area of concentration. These strategies are to be developed in such a way as to fit seamlessly into WC’s overall purposes.
- Smooth transitions: Oversees fourth and fifth grade students, in collaborative partnerships with the Elementary Director, to implement age-appropriate content that nurtures the spiritual development of pre-teens and creates a smooth transition into middle school ministries. Also partners with High School Director to ensure smooth transition of students from Middle to High School Ministry.
- Weekly programing: Enhance and maintain small group format for Middle School and Fourth and Fifth Grade Ministry. Plan and execute weekly programming areas of responsibility in partnership with Family Ministry department and Westminster, as a whole. This includes Sunday mornings (MS and 4th/5th) and Wednesday Nights (MS).
Special events: Plan and execute special events throughout the year specifically designed for students and families in areas of responsibility. These events exist to create and build Gospel community, as well as assist in evangelism and discipleship.
- A leader who develops leaders: Actively work to recruit, encourage and mentor ministry group leaders and/or interns.
- Student service: Provide students with meaningful opportunities for serving, missions and outreach. These opportunities are to provide both service to the church/community and spiritual growth for students.
- Student integration: Strategically integrate students into the life of the greater church body. This will simultaneously expose students to “adult church” and provide positive student visibility to our congregation.
- Volunteer management: Works in partnership with the Family Ministries department to recruit, lead volunteer staff, develop curriculum, build a dynamic team of volunteers to meet goals and objectives and help cast the vision for Westminster’s Family Ministries to Westminster Chapel, as a whole.
- Goal orientation: Establish short and long term goals for ministry area. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Boundaries: Carefully maintain appropriate boundaries in student and leader relationships.
Effective leadership skills displayed through abilities to plan and execute events and an ability to recruit, develop and support effective student ministry leaders.
- Ability to effectively communicate Scripture, recruit and develop volunteers.
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God's direction for their lives.
- Evidences foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, purity, compassion, submission,discernment and grace.
- Ability to create partnerships with parents and influence others to pursue God’s direction in their lives.
- Ability to work in concert with Facilities, Operations, and Finance respective to ministry area events.
- Ability to adapt ministry to become more inclusive and diverse.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or when interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent oral and presentation skills to effectively communicate to all ages and group size.
1. Required B.A. or B.S. degree in Emphasis Area or equivalent experience.
2. Experience leading and managing groups of volunteers and/or paid staff.
3. Commitment to developing working knowledge and application of WC mission and ministry strategy and evidenced ability to implement within ministry emphasis.
4. Is constantly pursuing a deeper relationship with Christ. Has a passion for God, which is exhibited in clear obedience to His Spirit and Word.
- Salary level and benefit structure are administered by the Employee Relations Department and authorized by Executive Pastor of Operations and Elder Board.
- Wage adjustments may be considered by authorization of the Executive Team.
Training and steps to become Pastor will be determined and officiated by Family Ministries Pastor, Executive Team, and Elder Board.
Regular/Full-time/Exempt position, subject to all terms and conditions of Westminster Chapel employment policies and procedures.
- Vacation, sick leave, insurance coverage and other benefits are presented at the time of hire and summarized in the Employee Handbook.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14