Osseo Church of the Nazarene, Osseo Minnesota, U.S.
Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Job Posting for
Associate Pastor of Worship Ministries
Osseo Church, 224 First Ave. NW Osseo MN 55369 www.osseochurch.org (763)425-2730
Job Type: PT/ FT Associate Pastor of Worship Ministries
(14 – 20 hours Worship)
Approximate Salary: $1,0000- $2,000 per month depending on experience & skills.
Approximate Hire Date: June or July 2014
Osseo Church of the Nazarene is an established church with an evangelist heart in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis. We are 150 strong that emphasizes the “4Gs” – Gather, Grow, Give & Go. You will find friendly people, a good worship environment & tools, good volunteers and a passionate vision.
The Associate Pastor of Worship
Worship Ministry Functions:
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Pastor will include designing worship services that help the congregation worship our Lord God through a blend of modern and some traditional styles of Christian music with excellence & passion. This person will provide leadership to our current worship ministry, including development of our praise teams & technology teams. Functions include the following:
- Be able to lead instrumentally vocally and instrumentally, either with piano or guitar
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the weekly corporate worship gatherings.
- Deliver a high quality worship experience each week.
- Host a weekly practice for the praise & tech team.
- Recruit, develop and invest in members of the praise and tech teams.
- Maintain a repertoire of modern and multi-generational songs that encourage full congregation participation. Plus, periodically introduce new songs.
- Assists with other services or special events as needed.
- Organize schedules of worship and tech teams through Planning Center
- Manage the Worship and arts budget
- Oversee maintenance of pianos and other instruments
- Occasionally attend special team or planning meetings
- Attend staff meetings & all church events
It would be helpful if………..
- Was skilled in IT services
- Was skilled in Graphic Design
- Was skilled in videography
- Have a heart for youth ministries
- Occasionally fill the pulpit if desired.
- Manage or help with decorations for seasonal services
The Associate Pastor should possess the following:
- Commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ and a passion to grow, learn and mature in Christ.
- A self-motivated leader who takes initiative and willing to work hard.
- Possess pastoral traits that enhance the pastoral team and congregation.
- A flexible, humble, teachable, personable spirit that is willing to work with a staff team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Ability to keep peace and unity while working with others.
- A desire to invest emotionally in our people, community and church vision
Assistant pastors are accountable to the senior pastor.
- Lead pastor is accountable to the church board.
- The church board is accountable to the congregation.
- The congregation is accountable to Jesus Christ, the head of the church.
- Some biblical Studies & music studies. (Preferably a 4-year degree)
- Agree to abide by the statement of faith, constitution and bylaws of the Osseo Church and Church of the Nazarene.
- Be theologically aligned or open to the holiness doctrine.
- Computer and technology skills.
- Able to work flexible or overtime hours as needed.
- Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with integrity
- Experience in leading and working with youth.
- Understanding of worship and designing of a service.
- Experience in leading worship with a praise team/band.
A resume and a cover letter which includes your picture and relationship with Christ
Three references If possible, one should be from your most recent ministry leadership (someone who oversees you personally).
- Two non-family general references.
If possible, please attach a video link of you leading youth and / or worship.
Please email your resume and other information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please write “Assistant Pastor Position” as your subject line.)
Mail to: Pastor Jim Comfort
224 First Ave. NW, Osseo Minnesota, 55359
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Osseo Church of the Nazarene
Our Vision A dynamic multi-generational church impacting the world as we GATHER, GROW, GO and GIVE in devotion to Christ Our Mission To GATHER in worship, GROW in faith, GO share Christ, and GIVE our time, treasures, and talents More...