The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the implementation and development of
programming for the spiritual formation of children (infant – 5th grade) and the equipping of
parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Children’s
Director provides leadership, recruiting, training, support and oversight to all Children’s
Ministry volunteer staff.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry programs.
- Recruit, train, manage and support Children’s Ministries volunteers.
- Schedule and staff Children’s Ministry programs and events.
- Oversee curriculum choice and use.
- Provide support for parents, including communication, teaching and encouragement.
- Oversee Children’s Ministries budget and finances.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic childhood learning environments.
- Oversee childcare for Children’s Ministries and all-church events.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- A passion for Children’s Ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Education: Minimum of a BA or BS degree, in a ministry-related field preferred (if bachelor’s degree is not within a ministry related field, post-graduate seminary studies preferred).
- Able to teach children and adults.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of a church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries program.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Administrative ability to efficiently coordinate multiple events and programs.
- Proficient in a PC or MAC office suite.
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Grace Point.
Competitive salary offered; will be determined by experience. Strong benefits package
including medical, dental, vision and 403B.
Visit our website at http://gracepointfamily.com/ for more information about our church. To
apply for the position, email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com