Rocky Mount United Methodist Church is a church family that invites everyone be part of a fast growing, vibrant, and active church. We join together to worship, study, and take the message of grace and love the community around us. We are building a new facility that will be done in early 2017. We currently worship at Nascar Tech, and have other Church functions in our fellowship hall, or in the community.
Salary: $43,000-$48,000 depending on experience, plus other benifits.
Responsible for the children’s spiritual development, fellowship opportunities, special events, training and other activities related from birth to fifth grade.
- This person will be someone who loves people and has a heart for evangelism
- They must have exceptional communication skills and be willing to invest their gifts in many areas and aspects of the church.
- They must possess the ability to organize, train, and equip ministry teams with are active within the church.
- MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER!
- Attend weekly staff meetings and a yearly staff retreat.
- Must have the capability to think outside of the box and be able to improvise when situations arise that are not part of their job description.
- Must embrace the churches vision of “Transforming Religion into a Relationship with Christ, one person at a time”. This is to be accomplished by using our head, heart and hands. For this reason, the position requires someone who is very relational with the church staff and congregation, and also outgoing and positive.
- Must have gifts and graces to be flexible and wear many hats in a fast growing and dynamic church setting.
Specific Job Requirements:
Position: Full time position reporting to the senior and associate pastors; works to achieve the congregational call to “transform religion into a relationship” within our church and community. Primary emphasis will be to cultivate the children’s ministries at the church.
- Organize and implement a comprehensive Children’s Ministry program including but not limited to—Sunday School, summer church camps (i.e. VBS), retreats, seasonal events such trunk or treat, breakfast with Santa, etc..
- Oversee, organize, and implement a nursery ministry.
- Responsible for coordinating childcare and nursery for various church-wide functions, studies, programs, etc.
- Oversee and implement training opportunities for teachers, substitutes, parents.
- Responsible for “safe sanctuary policies” for all children’s programs and have all leadership trained according to these policies
- Responsible for providing all materials and resources for teachers
- Responsible for continuously evaluating the program and responding to the changing needs of the ministry
- Develop creative methods to successfully recruit and retain children’s ministry volunteers for various programs/events
- Attend, and at times, develop and deliver various training and information sessions for Children’s Ministry Team leaders
- Responsible for the spiritual development and nurture of children outside of Sunday morning, Sunday School (mid-week children’s discipleship, etc.)
Children’s Ministry Team
- Establish a team, who meets consistently, to schedule, plan, brainstorm, and vision ways of creating and engaging others to serve in ministry.
- Empower the ministry team to do the ministry by offering training, workshops, encouragement, support, resources, etc., living into the model that we are called to “make disciples of all people.”
- Work with team in developing procedures, keeping the team updated on current laws and trends concerning children’s ministry, and help the team engage others to serve in the area of children’s ministry.
Children’s Sunday School
- Onsite coordinator—greet parents/kids, circulate among classrooms, troubleshoot issues, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting, coordinating, and training teachers, assistants, and substitute
- Provide training and development opportunities as necessary
- Review and select curriculum and develop programming that creates exciting learning and relational environments through a variety of programs/activities for children and families
- Develop, organize and continually enhance programs/activities for attracting and welcoming visitors in which children and parents feel comfortable and safe
- Oversee and maintain supplies/materials for all children’s programs
- Keep record of attendance and coordinate space issues in relation to number of children in each classroom, child/teacher ratio, etc.
- Have a personal presence during Sunday worship hours
- Responsible for planning and coordination of the worship enrichment program for children on Sunday morning, such as but not limited to :
- Integrate liturgical year events into all programs, including use of music/theatrical activities
- Serve as resource to, and meet regularly with Children’s Ministry Team and other committees as requested by the senior or associate pastors
- Oversee the work of the Children’s Ministry Team
- Responsible for administering and sustaining program budgets
- Train volunteers and implement Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures in all areas of children’s ministries.
- Maintain office hours
- Assist in worship services and teach if called on by senior or associate pastors.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by senior or associate pastors which he/she determines necessary to advance the needs of the congregation
- Attend various committee meetings, such as Administrative Council, which may be necessary or as a request by the senior or associate pastors.
Send your resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorBethel Assembly of God
- Temple, Texas
- January 23
Children's Director/Pastor/GuruLincoln Presbyterian Church
- Stockton, California
- January 23
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Children's PastorLakeview Bible Church
- Nampa, Idaho
- January 23
Rocky Mount UMC
Rocky Mount is a vibrant, growing place of worship that prefers to think outside of the box. We are not a typical United Methodist Church in that while we honor the traditions of our church we also allow those traditions to teach us how to move into the future. The vision of Rocky Mount is simple: transforming religion into a relationship with Jesus Christ one person at a time. Change is not word that Rocky Mount is typically afraid of. In the last three years Rocky Mount has been named one of the top 100 fastest growing United Methodist Chu More...