Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Pastor of Children’s Ministries – Part time
Pastor of Children’s Ministries & Communications/Video Pastor- Full Time
Charity Church is a spirit-filled, nondenominational church in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are searching for a Pastor of Children’s Ministries.
Our congregation is comprised of people from all backgrounds and faith stories. We have an incredible Children’s Ministry facility that was built to serve as a tool to attract this generation! We desire to hire a youthful and spirited leader that has a passion for the spiritual development of children.
Charity Church’s average attendance in 2013 was nearly 500, and we’re preparing to enter another season of outreach and growth. We experienced a 46% growth in 2013 making us one of the fastest growing churches in America. We are looking for a leader of leaders - to lead a team of volunteer laborers, and to work with children and their families.
The person we are looking for needs:
- To understand the value of whole family ministry.
- To champion inter-generational ministry.
- To be ultra-creative, innovative and willing to try new ideas.
- To be a strong leader able to comfortably lead adults as well as children.
- To want to work in a team environment where every idea is welcomed.
- Align and communicate the vision for Children’s Ministries.
- Partner with Senior Staff & Student Ministries Pastor to further develop and roll out a “Life-Span Plan.” The L.S.P. is a strategic outline of how we plan to partner with parents from birth to graduation to disciple their children into healthy believers.
- Possess the ability to communicate spiritual truths both verbally and creatively.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to connect and create relationships with adults and children.
- Train and provide opportunities for the children to serve within the local church, as well as equipping them to focus on outreaches & World missions.
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully recruit, thoroughly train and release energized volunteer leaders into ministry.
- Purpose and provide opportunity and equipping for student lead ministries ie: worship, etc.
- Plan and organize parental resources and training.
- Organize and conduct a mid-week K-5th service that include worshipful, creative, high-energy atmosphere through worship, teaching, practical application, fun, interactive activities, and small group discussion. (we are experimenting with new format currently)
- Organize and conduct multiple Sunday K-5 services that include worshipful, creative, high-energy atmosphere through worship, teaching, practical application, fun, interactive activities and small group discussion.
- Develop and supervise Early childhood Coordinator, and oversee Nursery and Pre-K ministries for both mid-week and Sunday Services.
- Organize & Oversee events such as Lock-in’s, Parent’s Night Out, Fall-Fun Fest, Summer Camp, Easter Egg Hunt, and other special events and activities.
- Attend a weekly meeting with Sr. staff and participate in weekly all team staff meeting.
- Create, maintain and operate according to an approved Children’s Ministries annual budget.
- Purpose to become visible and involved in our local schools to create opportunity for student exposure to Christ!
- Purpose to pursue Community Outreach opportunities.
- Establish accountability with local network of leaders.
- Continue being a student, furthering your personal education, be mentored and be a mentor.
- Student Ministry and Biblical training.
- 3 years experience in a student ministry of 50 students or greater.
- Demonstrated ability to develop adult leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop student leadership opportunities.
- Believes in and is Biblically aligned with the core beliefs and values of Charity Church as expressed in our Constitution and By-Laws. (Available from Executive Pastor)
We believe the opportunities in the coming years are amazing. We are looking for a Pastor to continue to develop our current ministry, as well as partner with our Pastor of Student ministries and Staff Leadership to innovate new methods of serving families and helping parents be the spiritual heroes of their children. There are multiple ways for this Pastor to serve and use their talents beyond the traditional Pastor of Children’s Ministries role. If you have a heart for reaching families in a new way, please contact us.
Directly Supervises: Volunteer Staff in Children’s Ministries (Infant-5th).
Status: Part-time. We are very motivated to hire full-time if the candidate has a strong background in the fields of graphic design, video production, tech assistance, and Web-site management. These responsibilities are available upon request.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
Technical Arts DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
We exist to communicate the love of Christ through our ministry giftings and the leadership of the Holy Spirit, reaching out to all people and guiding them to a relationship with Christ. As we worship together we will create a place of unity for the Holy Spirit to minister and to demonstrate Charity to our families, congregation and the community. More...