Meadowland Church Pastoral Search
Meadowland Church is located in the town of Johnsburg, IL. Johnsburg is a community of around 7,000 residents about 56 miles northwest of Chicago and 7 miles south of the Wisconsin border. Johnsburg and the adjacent towns have a combined population of approximately 34,000 living within a 15 minute drive of the church. Located near the Fox River/Chain of Lakes waterway system as well as the Route 31 corridor of businesses, Johnsburg has an abundance of natural beauty and open spaces.
The vision at Meadowland is to be a place where lives are changed by Jesus and disciples are made. At Meadowland we believe that life is a journey and no one should have to walk alone. Everything about our services, outreach, discipleship process, and teaching is driven by our desire to help people take the next step on their spiritual journey. We average about 200 in attendance each Sunday, over two services. We meet in a converted red barn on Johnsburg Rd, which is a community landmark.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor who can continue the trajectory of conversion growth and kingdom impact Meadowland Church is currently experiencing. We have the vision, values, and “bet the farm” risk taking faith. We are looking for a leader who will bring the heart and skills of leadership and evangelization for us to continue the journey.
He should be a big picture thinker, who can strategically plan how to pursue our vision, and then
motivate and organize people to implement the plan. A team-builder, who equips and empowers leaders and teams who are aligned with the vision. A coach who leads by character and by persuasion, patiently building consensus behind decisions. An implementer who can tackle the challenges and solve the problems of a growing church. A self-starter who seizes opportunities and is willing to take risks to achieve God-given goals. Someone who proactively “makes things happen.” He should be enthusiastic, inspiring, and encouraging.
1. Leadership and Vision
• Seek God’s word and God’s leading for Meadowland Church
• Discern and communicate vision, direction & strategy
• Lead, shepherd and develop the board of Elders, pastoral team and other support staff
• Inspire, influence and challenge the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that they may glorify God in their public and private lives – both corporately and as individuals
2. Preach and Teach
• Communicate God’s word, speaking to people’s felt needs and real spiritual needs in language relevant to our church culture and community
• Sermons should be biblically accurate and emotionally inspiring, with a high emphasis on practical application leading to life transformation
3. Set an Example
• Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and for the work of His church
• Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples
• Model a life that shows a consistency of spiritual growth
• The Senior Pastor shall meet the requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Embrace the Meadowland Church Statement of Faith, Vision and Values
• A degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College
• A minimum of five years experience in pastoral ministry in a church of at least 400
• Experience in and a heart for community outreach and evangelism
Applicants should send their resume via email, with the subject MEADOWLAND SEARCH, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not reply via churchstaffing.com's web tools.
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred. Applicants will not be considered without a sermon sample.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Senior PastorCollege Baptist Church
- Hillsdale, Michigan
- November 30
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...