Missional Church Seeking Worship Leader
We (Sent Church) are a church plant seeking a worship leader to fill a part time position with the intent of it becoming full time as we grow. As a missional church in West Texas our goal is to see our city renewed and redeemed through Christ. Our desired
worship leader understands and embraces missional/incarnational theology and is ready to join with us to impact our neighborhoods, our communities, our city. We are looking for someone to do more than just lead worship. We want someone to join us in our pursuit
of seeing Jesus renew our world through believers who live Sent together.
Our preferred candidate must live sent. We define living sent as living in the new life of righteousness while being sent on mission of making disciples in the places you live, work, and play. We believe you teach what you know, but reproduce who you are.
Therefore, our worship leader must be someone who both demonstrates and declares our mission of living sent.
Staff Philosophy: We believe a healthy staff works together to accomplish the vision of the church. Therefore, we hire staff members who understand that their first duty is to expand the vision of the church. This plays out practically through staff members
who willingly serve wherever needed, understanding that they do not “own” a certain position. Instead they help own the vision. In other words we put the vision 1st. The accomplishing of the vision goes before the specific position or job description
of any Sent Church staff member.
- Strong vocal ability
- Preference given for leaders who can lead from an instrument, preferably Guitar/Keys.
- Develop and lead a worship ministry team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Proficient using PlanningCenterOnline.com.
- Lead band and vocal rehearsals
- Lead worship at weekend services and special events
- Prepare schedule of musicians for weekend services and special events
- Recruit and audition and evaluate potential new band members and singers
- Participate on the Leadership Team for weekly planning and production of weekend services
- Oversee setup & tear-down of required audio, video & staging.
- Evaluate, purchase, maintain, troubleshoot and oversee repair of sound Equipment
- Willingness to accomplish other duties as assigned. The reality of a church plant is that all staff members wear different hats at different times.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith
- Must practice spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, worship, and giving
Job Skills & Requirements
- Able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Sent Church
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
- Involved in a Sent Community (Missional Community groups)
- Involved in a (LTG) Life Transformation Group
Hours: 20-30 hours per week
Vacation: Four weeks vacation.
Salary: $24,000 yearly. Applicant can find another job in our community or raise support to supplement income.
We believe our greatest resource is people. When the elder board believes Sent Church is capable of providing more assistance, and they believe the worship leader has the Character, Chemistry, and Competency for leading us into the future, the salary will