Saratoga Federated Church
PURPOSE: To design and lead the more contemporary worship services and experiences that enable congregational participation in worship of Christ, to teach and empower teams of worship leaders, and to enhance the utilization of effective communication
ACCOUNTABILITY/REPORTING: The Worship Director will report to the Pastor of Worship Ministries. This person will work in cooperation with other senior staff members to create a place of belonging for all who worship Christ.
- Lead worship
- Design, plan, and implement the contemporary worship service(s), including the recruiting and training of worship teams and leaders and scheduling their participation in services.
- Work cooperatively with the Pastor of Worship Ministries in maintaining a worship community that encompasses the participants and groups that serve in worship ministries
- Provide coverage for the Pastor of Worship Ministries during times of vacation, study weeks, sabbaticals, etc.
- Work with the Pastor of Worship Ministries in establishing and implementing consistent procedures and parameters within SFC technical teams, and supporting the training and scheduling plan developed.
- Collaborate with the senior staff to create special seasonal worship experiences.
- Oversee the implementation of social networking as a tool in engaging and augmenting our communication to the congregation and broader community, as part of the Communications Team, with primary focus on the effective utilization of our website,
email, social media and video.
- Member of church staff
- Work cooperatively with other church staff to shepherd and lead God’s church and to promote the values, visions and goals established by the Elders and church leadership.
- Proven ability to lead worship
- Proven ability to foster community
- Web experience -
a. Basic internet/social networking skills - Google Analytics, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter
b. Previous experience in creating, editing & posting videos
c. Experience in web maintenance
4. Technical Experience
a. Basic knowledge and experience with sound, video and lighting systems
b. Experience with presentation software, Mediashout or equivilant
- a. AA or equivalent experience required, 4 year degree preferred with a major or minor in music or creative arts
b. Theology and/or Biblical studies a plus
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING.COM PLEASE SEND EMAIL AND WORSHIP SAMPLE TO