Church Office Administrator – Palma Sola Presbyterian Church of Bradenton, Florida is seeking applicants for this full time position (minimum 36 hour position) to replace our retiring Administrator. The OA maintains financial and all membership
records and prepares reports as required. Applicant must have a love for Jesus Christ and be a practicing Christian. Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church USA is preferred. High school diploma is required. Applicant must have basic computer skills and be
proficient in using Microsoft Office suite (Word & Excel), Publisher and ACS proficiency or willingness to attend ACS training. Resumes are accepted immediately. Persons interested should contact the church office at email@example.com or (941)
792-3141 for more information.
Palma Sola Presbyterian Church
Position: Church Office Administrator
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Job Summary: Maintains financial and membership records for the church and prepares reports as required, manages human resource data, attends specified committee meetings, and performs other administrative tasks as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required
- Computer skills and abilities as listed above.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a love for Jesus Christ and be a practicing Christian; knowledge of the Presbyterian Church USA preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly, positively, and effectively.
- Strong math and writing skills.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, and accounting software.
- Ability to organize efficiently.
- Attention to detail.
- Accuracy of work product.
- Honesty and integrity.
10. Ability to make and maintain warm and professional relationships with staff and membership.
- Maintains all accounts payable and makes payments in a timely fashion.
- Enters all contributions into the accounting system.
- Prepares financial reports as needed
- Prepares employee and pastor payrolls
- Reconciles payroll reports upon receipt from leasing company
- Maintains petty cash records
- Performs back up of data as required by office protocols.
- Keeps church membership records updated
- Distributes attendance reports ad needed
- Maintains all employee information forms; updates as needed
- Documents vacation, personal, and sick time for all employees
- Schedules staff to provide coverage needed for operational efficiency
Additional Administrative Responsibilities
- Reviews and distributes incoming mail and correspondence
- Prepares correspondence and other documents as needed by Senior Pastor and Session
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies, works with vendors as needed
- Provides support with publications as needed