Woodlands Church, An Evangelical Free Church, is a multi site church with an average weekly attendance of 1500 located in the heart of central Wisconsin. We are looking for an Executive Director of Operations to give leadership and oversight to the operational side of our Ministry including Finances, Building and Grounds, HR, IT, and Office Systems and Processes. This individual should have experience and a proven track record in leading/managing an organization, business or large department within an organization. For more background on Woodlands Church, visit www.woodlandschurch.org
A. Desired Qualifications
- Has an active growing faith and a heart for ministry demonstrated by broad church ministry experience. Fully endorses the EFCA Statement of Faith and Woodlands Church Vision and Values.
- College degree in business, organization management or accounting preferred.
- Experience managing the finances of an organization with an annual budget of at least $2 million.
- Experience supervising a staff, providing performance feedback and addressing staff concerns.
- Ability to implement administrative system improvements and manage special projects.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Coaches and Supervises the Directors of HR and Accounting, Office Management, Technical Arts, and Building and Grounds.
- Oversees and gives leadership to the supervision process of all non-exempt employees.
- Manages the annual budget process.
- Maintains the Accounting Procedures and Internal Controls Manual and communicates expectations to staff.
- Performs the applicable duties set forth in the Accounting Procedures and Internal Controls Manual.
- Financial Reporting: Prepares monthly and annual financial statements and special reports as required.
- Internal review: Oversees an annual review with the internal review team.
- Overseas the areas of centralized supply, office automation equipment, mailings, and database management.
- Assists with the supervision of office staff with the office manager.
Building and Grounds Management
- Oversees facility maintenance, scheduling, set ups, cleaning, safety and security, and vendor contracts with the Director of Building and Grounds.
- Leads or supports facility expansion or remodels as needed
Human Resource Management
- Maintains an Employee Handbook and other employment related policies including a working knowledge of church and clergy taxes.
- Completes an annual salary and wage review.
- Recommends cost management and compliance changes to employee benefits.
Risk Management and Legal
- Maintains an appropriate level of insurance for the church.
- Performs competitive cost and service reviews of insurance from time to time.
- Maintains a relationship with and acts as the liaison with the church attorney for legal guidance.
- Works with the Director of Technical Arts to recommend and implement IT improvements to meet the needs of the church.
- Maintains IT systems to meet the needs of the church.
- Manages or assists with special projects as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor.
- Serves on the Executive Leadership Team.
Compensation will be competitive and dependent on qualifications. Submit resumes and inquires to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17
Our passion is to know Him and to make Him known; He is the best that life has to offer. So at our very core, we exist to help people begin, develop, and sustain a relationship with Him. All that we do is designed to contribute to that. We don't exist to carry out our own agendas and plans, but to follow His leading, as it is revealed primarily in His Word. More...