The Student Pastor develops teams that will Connect with unchurched teens in the community,
Grow believing teens in Christian maturity, and equip them to Go into their world and impact it for Jesus.
AN EXCELLENT STUDENT PASTOR WILL POSSESS:
- A self-starting nature and spiritual maturity; a proven record serving in ministry.
- A consistent track record of Christian character, love for the Lord, a teachable spirit, and faithfulness in carrying out assigned tasks.
- An attested call to leadership in ministry, including: teaching, proclaiming the Gospel, nurturing spiritual growth, and leadership development.
- A lifestyle in alignment with the values of Harvest Community Church.
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and has an action-oriented personality.
- An ability and a passion to plan and implement goals and strategies, to build and grow a new ministry.
- The position of Student Pastor should be ordained, commissioned or licensed in order to carry out specific ministry functions, services or ceremonies.
- A Bachelors degree.
- 4 years or more experience in leadership settings within the church, preferably in ministry to students.
- A high degree of knowledge in ministry development and growth, especially in ministry to students.
DUTIES, TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, plans, evaluates and promotes programs that are targeted to Connect with unchurched teens in the community, Grow believing teens in Christian maturity, and equip them to Go into their world and impact it for Jesus.
- Recruits, trains, motivates volunteers for all youth programs to maintain a healthy ratio of youth to adult volunteers.
- Helps to determine credible missions and outreach opportunities for youth; planning activities and coordinating youth and parents to develop a heart for these ministries.
- Meets periodically with parents to discuss aims, policies and practices of Student Ministry to help ascertain their expectations and concerns, obtain suggestions, and encourage parent participation.
- Reviews and updates safety standards and procedures for Student Ministry; oversees and provides direction to staff and volunteers to insure the standards are upheld.
- Meets with Executive Pastor to develop and review goals and vision casting through the power and direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Develops ministry budgets, approves expenditures and adheres to annual budget guidelines and parameters.
- Performs all other duties and responsibility as assigned by the Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor, or Elder Board.
THE STUDENT PASTOR IS WINNING WHEN:
- Student Ministry weekly gathering numbers are growing toward or surpassing 15% of total weekly church-wide attendance.
- 10% or more of student population is demonstrating a commitment to Jesus through baptisms.
- Leaders, including student leaders, are developed to increasingly run the various aspects of the ministry.
- High-school and Junior High students are engaged in church-wide identity, mission, and service.
- New students enter the ministry from peer-invitations, families attending Harvest, and student ministry outreach efforts.