The First Baptist Church of Maryville, IL is a growing congregation of over 1,400 in regular attendance. We are located in the Metro East area of St. Louis, MO 25 minutes from downtown.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Worship & Arts Ministry. The person we seek must first and foremost be a follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for worship and a clear calling to our church. He will possess instrumental, vocal and musical skills with a gift of leading others into Christ-centered worship.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive music program including choirs, vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Give direction and coordinate the worship and arts programs with the organizational calendar.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning all services of worship.
- Help in the planning, organizing and leading in all aspects of the worship ministry and special services, in coordination with the appropriate staff members and ministry teams.
- Give direction to the worship and arts ministry.
- Remain current on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Prepare an annual worship budget line for approval; administer the approved budget.
- Cooperate with other ministry leaders in scheduling activities.
- Serve as a part of the ministerial team of the church.
- Prepare and lead worship team rehearsals; including effective communication, scheduling, etc., with the teams.
- Encourage and assist with the development and expansion of new services and experiences including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression as needed.
- Give direction to a variety of musical and artistic groups by developing and training others to lead them.
- Grow and expand the ministry with a vision for teaching the congregation the beauty and variety of worship.
- Promote the unity, direction and vision of First Baptist Church by participating in staff meetings and then bringing department teams into alignment with what is discussed.
- Arrange and provide music for weddings, funerals, special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities upon request.
- Be responsible for music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment.
Personal Traits, Education and Experience Desired:
- First and foremost a Christ-follower.
- An encourager and affirmer of others.
- A bachelor’s degree in music.
- Proven track record of developing leaders, training volunteers, building of teams in the areas of worship, technology, drama etc.
- Energized by a team environment with the pastoral staff, support staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrates excellence in leadership of congregational worship. Including a warm, encouraging, engaging, and energetic presence in leadership of corporate worship.
- Demonstrates ability to work with varied message themes.
- A humble, inspired, yet mature musician.
- Has demonstrated excellence in musical direction with the ability to lead a full range of musical and artistic expressions of worship, from traditional to modern.
- A proven track record of developing future worship leaders in order to reach the next generation through worship.
- Creative thinker, yet flexible.
- Experienced and skilled with the use of drama and visual arts in worship.
- Knowledgeable of varying aspects of technology related to worship and communication.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Worship Leader - part-timeMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 17
Director of Praise and Worship MusicWeddington United Methodist
- Weddington, North Carolina
- January 17
Traditional Music DirectorRidge United Methodist Church
- Munster, Indiana
- January 17
PRAISE & WORSHIP LEADEREnglewood Christian Assembly of God
- Englewood, Ohio
- January 16
Director of Worship MinistriesLighthouse Community Church
- DES MOINES, Iowa
- January 16
First Baptist Church Maryville
We have always been a church that loves people. From our beginning in 1945 in downtown Maryville to our present location on Route 162, we continue to grow and reach out to the region with programming for all ages. Recently, we have been averaging over 1500 in attendance for Sunday morning worship, with over 1100 attending our ConnectGroups. God continues to bless our fellowship with spiritual and numeric growth. More...