The Preschool Director shapes the program by leading, coordinating, developing and maintaining a quality early childhood program. They must remain current on the trends and offerings that are relevant to the age group in regards to teaching, curriculum,
and early childhood development.
The position of Preschool Director is full-time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop supervisory standards for Shadow Hills Preschool.
- Set program policy and utilize discernment in adding or deleting programs as necessary.
- Interview all applicants for teachers and teacher’s aides. Responsible for hiring and training new employees.
- Complete initial orientation required by the State of Nevada.
- Keep all personnel records accurate and up to date in regards to state standards.
- Fulfill all licensing requirements as set by the State of Nevada including maintaining a Kindergarten license.
- Responsible for all employee scheduling, including staff vacation and obtaining coverage for sick time.
- Organizes student classroom placement.
- Facilitates tours for prospective families, which includes reviewing school policies, procedures, and enrollment packet.
- Oversee and update registration forms and parent handbook.
- Provide curriculum review and assist teachers in lesson planning.
- Review student assessments and maintain a referral system for children with special needs.
- Conduct parent conferences in regards to updates and concerns for the parent and/or child.
- Plan and conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Prepare and facilitate practice of a crisis response plan.
- Stay in compliance with all Osha standards.
- Regular safety checks of both indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Investigate and document all accidents/injuries.
- Prepare payroll and submit to administration for processing.
- Prepare and maintain a yearly budget.
- Oversee and approve fundraising efforts.
- Manage Urban League/ Naccrra accounts and submit them monthly.
- Take advantage of appropriate opportunities to spiritually train and lead constituency.
- Seeks new technology to integrate into the classroom.
Spiritual and Personal
- Maintain a life of personal and spiritual development and accountability
- Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming of a devoted follower of Christ. This includes personal social media presence.
- Meet the State of Nevada Director qualifications and maintain or employment ends.
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in a preschool setting
- Leadership ability, including conflict management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn new database programs, as well as, be proficient in technology such as Microsoft office.
- Passion for Serving the Church
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume for this position.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.