MISSION: Serve and build existing youth group from the ages of sixth – twelfth grade.
FUNCTION OF WORK: Under the direction of the Rector (pastor), the YOUTH MINISTER is responsible for developing and implementing a youth centered program at Trinity Episcopal Church from the ground up. The YOUTH MINISTER will accomplish this through direct contact with the community of our existing teens (15) and then expanding our group in youth related activities. An initial emphasis will be placed on building relationship within and outside the parish and expanding on the foundation that has been begun at Saint Edward’s School. Continued and ongoing expansion is part of the role. The YOUTH MINISTER will also be responsible for some of the course load as instructor of Ethics (High School) and Character Development (8th grade) at St. Edward’s school.
LEVEL OF WORK: This is a full time, salaried position with health benefits and pension.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Develop for the Rector’s approval, programming that will incorporate the youth into an active liturgical life, participate in service projects and events for the parish, and seek to interact with the local community in an effort to advance recruitment.
- Participate in Diocese of Central Florida programs for youth including retreats, rallies, conventions, etc.
- Develop and oversee youth related athletic, extra-curricular, and outdoor related programs
- Develop and oversee Youth Catechism beyond confirmation classes
Administration and Training
- Ensure that proper documentation (i.e., permission slips, health records, insurance…) is acquired and maintained for all young people participating in trips and programs
- Maintain ongoing media presence for youth program (i.e., photos, Facebook, Video testimonials…) that will incorporate into Trinity Vero Beach website.
- Work with staff to prepare and oversee the Youth Mission Budget
- Participate in, and share with youth workers: training opportunities, resources, publications, and programs for youth directors and youth workers available through the Diocese of Central Florida and other relevant sources
Communication and Planning
- Meet regularly with the Rector, to promote cohesion and coordination in all aspects of Youth Mission to integrate into Trinity’s parish life.
- Develop and coordinate the Youth Mission’s annual calendar of events with the assistance of the Parish Events Coordinator; and work within the parish’s timeline for developing the overall parish calendar
- Maintain active and timely lines of communication with the youth, young adults, their parents and the parish in general through the parish’s established forms of communication, and through phone calls, email or website, and most importantly, through one-on-one contact with young people and parents.
- Find parents and appropriate adults to serve as chaperones and workers for the parish’s Youth Ministry Team with the approval of the Rector
- Perform duties and responsibilities in safe manner
- Keep confidential sensitive communications with Clergy, Vestry, and Parish Administrator
- Keep abreast of catechetical resources and training opportunities
- Recruit and train youth workers and chaperones
- Master’s Degree in education or theology and 2-3 years of successful youth work experience
- Excellent leadership, administrative, time management and interpersonal/communication skills
- Knowledge of Anglican ecclesiology, liturgy, and Theology is preferable
- Ability to develop and implement course curriculum in Ethics and Character Development as well as assist clergy of the parish with PK-12 chapel services for 500+ children 4 times per week
- Working knowledge of computer, use of Internet and computer programs: e.g. Word, Excel, and Desktop Publisher
- Active in the liturgical life of the parish, with conscientious attendance at services of the church and a tithing steward in good standing
- Enjoys spending time with youth, remembering that he/she will be looked upon as a role model. Able to build relationships with people of different ages (teens, parents, Seniors etc.)
- Dependable, extroverted, flexible, punctual, honest, trustworthy, and self-motivated
- Athletic and able to participate in outdoor related activities that appeal to youth
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The YOUTH MINISTER reports directly to the Rector. Rector has final approval on all spiritual matters, program development, and other aspects of youth program development.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Trinity Episcopal Church
MISSION: Serve and build existing youth group from the ages of sixth – twelfth grade. FUNCTION OF WORK: Under the direction of the Rector (pastor), the YOUTH MINISTER is responsible for developing and implementing a youth centered program at Trinity Episcopal Church from the ground up. The YOUTH MINISTER will accomplish this through direct contact with the community of our existing teens (15) and then expanding our group in youth related activities. An initial emphasis will be placed on building relationship within and outsi More...