Job Title: Student Ministries Pastor
Direct Report: Lead Pastor
Position Status: Full-time
The Journey Evangelical Free Church began in 1962 as First Evangelical Free Church and has been used by God to impact Tucson with the Gospel of Jesus Christ for over 5 decades. While we have been through some significant highs and lows over the years, we
are currently a very healthy church of 250-300 and believe that we are uniquely positioned to impact unreached families here in the city of Tucson, AZ.
The Student Ministries Pastor will be a model of integrity and an example of Christian living. He will recruit, lead, and empower a team of volunteers to positively impact teens and their families. He will develop and implement ministry structures for middle
and high school students that align with the vision, values, strategy, and culture of The Journey. He will develop a ministry that reaches and wins the lost to Christ, establishes them in the faith, equips them to serve Jesus as Great Commandment, Great Commission
followers of Jesus. He will be a team player with the rest of the staff and leadership team.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical standards set forth for pastoral leadership.
- Be a self-starter, not needing to be micromanaged, yet love to work with and contribute to a collaborative team.
- Up-front leadership abilities.
- A people person who finds joy in connecting with other adults in order to identify and recruit as student ministry volunteers.
- Passionate for Christ and able to inspire others.
- Strong teaching gifts with a conviction of the ability of the Bible to change lives.
- Agree and align with the doctrine, vision, values of The Journey.
- Be teachable and committed to personal growth in life, spirituality, and leadership.
- Passionately pursue healthy relationships with middle and high school students and their parents.
- Implement The Journey’s G3 strategy of Live, Love, Serve with middle and high school students: Develop successful outreach events that leverage our existing students to invite and draw in students from our communities and lead them to Christ.
Leverage large group and small group programming in order to establish and grow students in their faith. Help students discover, develop, and deploy their gifting by serving in the church and in the community at large.
- Develop clear, helpful, and timely communication with parents.
- Build a leadership culture that recruits, motivates, equips, and empowers a group of adult volunteers to excellence in ministering to Middle and High School students and their families. Develop and empower student leaders within the ministry.
- Develop and oversee youth ministry budget.
- Meet with lead pastor 1 hour weekly for personal and ministry development.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
*Interested parties should email their resume to Dana Hess at Dana@journeyefc.org