Children Ministries Pastor/Director - FBCW
Job Description - 1/27/14
To equip and shepherd the Children Ministries of FBCW in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- Support the Pastoral Staff in the cause of Christ with all his heart.
- Fill in for the staff when necessary.
- Lead with integrity, love and spiritual passion.
- Attend the weekly Staff Meetings.
- Work closely with the Christian Education Board.
- Refuse to slander, gossip or listen to such.
- Use gifts effectively
- Allow God to use them as He sees fit to minister to the church and our community with a servant’s/shepherd’s heart.
- Interpret and communicate our children’s ministry strategy to the congregation.
- Establish annual written goals specific to your ministry.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor, Sr. Pastor or their designee.
- Prepare a yearly budget as a guide to spending in the Children Ministries.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This group of children: infants through five years old, kindergarten through fifth grade, and their parents are critical to FBCW and our future. We expect the Children’s Pastor/Director to minister to this specific group. The responsibilities for this ministry include:
- Ensure the children are effectively evangelized, disciple and nurtured in their Christian lives.
- Organize and prayerfully select, with God’s guidance, a Children’s Ministry Team. Lead and equip this team by having regular meetings. Recruit, encourage and train all Children Ministry leaders at FBCW
- Facilitate age appropriate ministry components (i.e. weekly educational, Children’s Worship monthly activities, etc.)
- Visit children and families (in their homes, at school, in the hospital, at sporting events, etc.) on a regular basis. Be sure the Children’s Ministry Team also becomes personally involved in visitation, phone contacts, etc., so that we focus on people, not programs.
- Schedule and lead regular “Outreach” activities, emphasizing the importance to invite un-churched friends.
- Schedule/attend events/trips that stress reaching out to others in our community or state. This will include events such as children’s retreats, retreats, Camp Cowen, day trips (to the zoo, theme park, etc.), VBS-style, and other opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with parents through meetings, events, and calendars.
- Develop and implement weekly children’s worship and educational experiences. Recruit and oversee volunteers (speaker, musicians, supervision), curriculum research and development, and weekly follow up with new children and families.
- Oversee Nurseries ( infants, 1,2,3, & 4 yr. Olds). Recruit & oversee volunteers to stock and supply all nurseries. Organize and check nurseries weekly.
- Develop, support, and oversee support ministry opportunities for summer and Wednesday nights. Plan recruit volunteers, curriculum development, games, etc.
- Be accountable to the Executive Pastor (immediately) and Sr. Pastor in a staff relationship.
- Adhere without exception to the keeping of sensitive information confidential.
- Be accountable to the Executive Board and any other appropriate boards.
- Provide the church with an annual written report.
- Be subject to an annual written evaluation by the Sr. Pastor or his designee.
- Be faithful and a good steward of time concerning setting of office hours.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Ability to shepherd volunteers in the Christian life.
- Love and respect for people.
- Tested leadership and teaching skills.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate large and small groups of team members and events.
- Positive attitude. Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Strong team player with the rest of the Staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Appropriate experience or equivalent education.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Total compensation and benefit package to be determined by the Executive Board.
- Annual allowance of two weeks for continuing education , sharing in state and national work, and similar activities.
- Details of how the “Total Package” will be broken down(i.e.. housing allowance, car allowance, etc.) will be determined by the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director and the Executive Board with input as needed by the Finance Board.
- Vacations, days off, etc. are to be handled by communicating needs and requests through the Sr. Pastor or his designee: records are kept in the church office on the calendar.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Childrens PastorLove and Truth Church
- Jackson, Tennessee
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
First Baptist Church Williamstown
As a Faith Family, we focus on strengthening families, serving our community, and impacting the world with the love of God. Our mission, which is rooted in the Great Commission of Jesus Christ, is "A place where serious seekers of Jesus Christ can become fully devoted followers." We exist to connect people to a relationship with Jesus Christ. We invite you to explore this site and come worship with us soon. It would be our privilege to meet you in person. "And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has be More...