Student Ministry Pastor
Element Church is all about reaching people and building lives. The church started in 2005, and was ranked as one of America’s top 100 fastest-growing churches by Outreach Magazine for 3 of the past 4 years. The church is averaging 2,800 to 3,000 people per week in 4 weekend services, with a base of more than 500 middle school and high school students.
The Senior Pastor, Erik Lawson, has a tremendous heart and vision for Student Ministry. Prior to founding Element Church, he served as Youth Pastor to the nationally acclaimed youth ministry, Oneighty, the nation’s largest local church youth ministry, reaching more than 2,500 students each week.
The Student Ministry Pastor will serve as the leader of the middle school, high school, and possibly college ministries at Element Church. The Student Ministry Pastor will seek to creatively implement the church vision in a manner relevant to the student population.
A great emphasis will be put on developing the students of Element Church as well as reaching those students who are unchurched and far from God. Element Church is a fast-growing community and the weekly Student Ministry services will be a time to creatively reach the lost and develop the students of families in the church.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS
The effective Student Ministry Pastor will creatively design services to reach students and make disciples as well as build systems to address and promote growth. The successful candidate will do the following:
- Direct and grow the ministry to middle school and high school students, including midweek student services.
- Recruit and raise up students to be a volunteer force for the church.
- Give oversight to and grow the current Student Internship programs.
- Create and implement a plan to build relationships and visibility in area schools.
- Develop the current Student Ministry volunteers and excel in recruiting and leading leaders.
- Create systems and processes that promote strong communication with the parents and families of Element Church.
- Connect the parents of students who attend our midweek program but do not attend weekend services to become part of the church.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a large-church setting and be committed to a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new members. A strong emphasis will be placed on practical ministry experience, and internships or apprenticeships may be accepted in place of formal education. Proven experience in creative thinking and problem solving is required. Successful work history in communication and leadership is a must.
Additionally, at the pace Element Church is growing, it is imperative for this candidate to have a high degree of effectiveness in developing and implementing systems and strategies. The successful candidate will have the ability to make a plan and see it through to completion. In sum, the successful candidate will be ready to take the lead and responsibility for the Student Ministry from day one.
- Love God. Love the church. Love students and families.
- Be open to being pastored and coached in the Element Church culture.
- Be a high-energy team player who focuses on the good of the entire organization, serving the vision and mission of Element Church before his or her own.
- Have an attitude and heart that is constantly positive and life giving.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorONEeighty church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
In essential beliefs – We believe there should be unity. [Ephesians 4:4-6]
In non-essential beliefs – We believe there should be liberty. [Romans 14:1,4,12]
In all our beliefs – We believe that there must be love toward each other. [1 Corinthians 13:2]