Evangel Assembly is a growing Assemblies of God congregation in Tallahassee, Florida. Our mission is to “develop fully devoted followers of Christ who are love-with-skin-on to a hurting world.”
We are seeking a full-time Youth Pastor for this entry-level position who is passionate to engage, grow and develop students (middle school and high school) into fully developed followers of Christ.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics…
- Possess a strong evangelistic mindset.
- Have an entrepreneurial leadership style.
- Have an engaging and approachable personality.
- Be a team player.
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Have an eye for excellence.
- Be a doer and a developer.
- Possess the ability to coordinate large scale community outreach events.
- Possess the ability to recruit and train adult volunteers.
- Have a proven track record in leading and growing a youth ministry.
Responsibilities (Quick Overview)
- Primary teacher at our Wednesday night youth service.
- Provide leadership to the Youth Serve Team.
- Oversee Sunday morning "groups" for teenagers.
- Plan activities and events.
- Have a presence at the local schools.
- Administrate overall ministry.
- Develop ways to engage parents in the development of their children.
- Bachelors degree
- Married or engaged
- At least 2 years full-time Youth Pastor experience in a youth group of more than 40 students.
- *Candidate could be a recent graduate if they possess the level of experience we are looking for from serving within a large youth ministry.
Please email your resume and a family photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.