To equip students with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for their lives by creating environments where students will take the needed steps in owning and expressing their faith by living out the core values of our church.
Youth Ministry Job Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- To grow and model to our student staff, students, leaders, and parents a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Lead in the development, implementation and administration of the church’s ministry with senior high and middle school students. This will include regularly scheduled weekly services and community building events.
- Directly report to the Next Generation Pastor and Serve as a member of the Education Ministry team.
- Be available to youth and families for counseling and general discussion throughout the week during regular office hours and/or by special appointment.
- Plan, execute and give direction of catalyst events throughout the year that will create opportunities of intense worship and discipleship. This is done through camps, retreats, and mission projects.
- Lead in the creative process of communicating God’s truth in a relative way to youth through speaking, ministry teams, and media.
- Implement a strategy for local campus ministry. Reach students and eventually their families too. Develop and maintain healthy relationships with area schools and administrations.
- Advance a strategic small group ministry. Place a high priority in growing this ministry.
- Give oversight by providing and approving curriculum for each program in the youth ministry to ensure it is doctrinally pure, age appropriate, and in line with the vision and core values of the church.
- Give direction to the leadership development, enlistment, equipping and encouragement of volunteers. All leaders are to be well trained and understand our core values and placed strategically according to the area of their giftedness and passion.
- Work with our Missions Pastor to instill into our students a mindset of missions and to provide opportunities for service locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Manage an annual budget for all Middle School and High School initiatives.
Other Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend all required staff meetings and complete forms and reports in a timely and concise manner.
- Seek ways to help other ministry programs in the church by providing assistance when needed.
- Serve in an assigned rotation as the minister on call and hospital visitation.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with other staff members.
- Must have flexibility to accept and execute other duties as assigned.
- A mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service.
- An understanding of student ministry as a foundational ministry of the church.
- Ability to lead a ministry team by casting vision for the ministry and organizing the skills and talents of those team members.
- Ability to relate well to adults in the ministry as parents of students or ministry volunteers.
- Knowledge of developmental stages for students grades 6 - college and ability to chose and implement appropriate programming for those stages.
- A willingness to be a “team player” both within the staff, church and community for Kingdom purposes.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and software systems.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in leading a student ministry in a midsize or larger church setting.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seminary training preferred.