Abundant Life is a growing congregation of 3,000 in the suburban Kansas City community of Lee's Summit. It is committed to the faithful teaching of God's word and helping its members develop a biblical worldview in all aspects of life. We believe that the
Gospel is contagious and too good to keep to ourselves. To that end we sponsor an annual free carnival that reaches thousands of people. We also lead weekly and monthly outreach ministries to connect with our community and guests. Over a three-year period,
we were able to reach our entire city—more than 30,000 households—with information about the church and the Gospel. We're committed to reaching the ends of the earth but believe we must start in our own backyard. We are seeking a pastor of outreach with a
passion to continue to build on this legacy.
As Outreach Pastor, you will have the opportunity to plan, organize, oversee, equip, motivate and lead our church family to express their personal faith through relational evangelism. Our goal is to reach as many people as possible with the Gospel of Jesus
Christ using traditional and out-of-the-box thinking strategies. You will also have the opportunity to partner with our Connections Pastor to provide leadership toward and to maintain organization for assimilating new believers into the nurturing environment
of the local church.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible or equivalent
- Agreement with the Abundant Life Articles of Faith and Constitution
- Five years prior experience in ministry
- Experience in teaching and modeling lifestyle evangelism of reaching the lost.
- Experience in mobilizing and raising up lay volunteers for community outreach
- Experience as a teacher, mentor and leader
- Demonstrates understanding of missions as it relates to the local church
- Personal Skills
- Strategic planning
- Team player mentality
- Friendly, approachable personality
- Ability to teach different groups of people
- Project management—ability to plan and execute effectively
- Ability to oversee volunteer-recruitment, encouragement and development
- Manage 80K annual outreach budget
- Ministry Team Leadership
- First Impressions Team
- Purpose: Greet visitors and help them feel welcome at Abundant Life
- Specific Teams: Parking Lot Volunteers, Shuttle Drivers, Greeters, Welcome Desk Volunteers and Ushers
- Weekly TEAM (Takes Every Abundant Life Member) Outreach
- Home visits to first-time guests
- Invitation letters prepared to send to the community
- Community Partnership
- Partners in Education—partnerships with local public schools
- Abundant Life Food Pantry—weekly grocery distribution from onsite pantry
- Outreach Events
- Carnival—annual free kids’ carnival for our community
- Car Show—annual bridge event for the community
- Global Outreach Day—community-wide event partnering with other churches
- Community Group outreach events—provide guidance to our CG leaders
- A salary package appropriate to the job description and responsibilities will be confidentially discussed and agreed upon by the candidate and the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
- Health insurance benefits are provided.