Hill Country Bible Church is looking for a Videographer to share how God is at work with stories, all to inspire people to take their next step. Our new videographer would serve on our Communications Team, developing short promotional videos and
life change stories.
Outcomes and Results – Success in this position will result in:
• Creation of several videos each week to use in a variety of applications. Videos may be life-change
stories (testimony), worship/sermon support, sermon roll-in, announcement, ministry-related, etc.
• Our congregation grows in their anticipation of the empowering presence of God in their daily lives
as they see and hear personal life change stories through our various channels
• Communication and creative tools are utilized in an integrated approach, utilizing and developing
designs that can complement and work well with all video and graphic support
• There is a wider availability and effectiveness of video on our website - www.hcbc.com and social
networks that demonstrate the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ
• Core ministries of the church are resourced well with video support; teaching events, conferences
and other church-wide endeavors are enhanced and supported by the Communications Team.
• Effective recruiting and training of 2-3 volunteer videographers, editors, and/or animators within the
first year of this position being filled
Major Responsibilities and Activities
• Communicate and further the vision and values of HCBC through video (includes filming, editing,
color correcting and animating video)
• Film church events/activities and ministry in action as assigned and seek proactive opportunities to
cover the life of the church
• Produce compelling life-change story videos
• Member of communications team; consistently contributes creative ideas for video and other
initiatives; attend communications team meetings and others as required
• Provide video support for ministries as assigned including testimonies, ministry highlights, or
announcements for worship services, web, or social media.
• Interface with worship team to provide video support for worship services including promotions,
announcements, sermon support, etc.
Please email resume and samples of work to email@example.com
• Capture b-roll at various church-wide events or events off-campus that support or relate to the
ministry of HCBC (ex: a ministry conference at a partner church)
• Capture still images on occasion as needed
• Mature follower of Christ who supports missional culture of HCBC Austin
• Highly relational with an ability to “pull” good stories out of people that translates into compelling
video – be an effective storyteller
• Ability to communicate informational/promotional messages creatively and effectively
• Ability to work independently on projects or on a team as assigned while consistently hitting
deadlines, communicating roadblocks and maintaining a positive attitude
• Be a continuous learner with a proven track record of growth and willing to take direction and
receive feedback in a positive manner; remain humble and flexible in the creative process
• Ability to work in a complex, multifunctional environment with multiple projects running
simultaneously and “switch gears” on short notice to embrace flexibility when priorities shift
• Ability to translate spiritual concepts into visual representations
• Ability to recruit and direct a group of volunteers for video production and filming of major church
• Be familiar with or able to learn video compression and conversion processes for web optimization
• At least two years experience with video production including storyboarding, filming, audio, editing,
animation, compression, DVD authoring and video streaming applications on Internet
• Skilled in use Premiere, Apple Final Cut Studio, Apple Motion and/or After Effects, Adobe Photoshop
and other applicable software (3D Animation, Motion Graphic experience a plus, but not required)
To apply, please send resume and reel to Val Dugone at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Hill Country Bible Church visit http://www.hcbc.com.
For more information about Austin and our vision to reach the city, visit http://www.hcbc.com/files/4613/8911/5059/About_HCBC_and_About_Austin_2013_.pdf.