Ministry Title: Worship Leader
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Part-Time Exempt Salaried
Time Required: Approximately 12 hours per week
Primary Objective: Hope Church desires to exalt God with worship that is reverently directed toward God, understandable and relevant to the worshipers, and performed with excellence.
1. A growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this
2. Considers this position a ministry
3. Experience in music leading, program design and implementation in a contemporary worship
setting in a multiple staff church
4. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
5. The ability to:
- Lead congregants as a group into God-focused worship. Ability to engage the congregation in singing/worship.
- Help churched and unchurched people connect to God.
- Relate and work well with church staff and lay leadership as a key member of a cohesive team.
- Exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music.
- Harmonize the gifts of participants of various talent levels with an attitude of both excellence and grace.
- Lead ministry teams spiritually and musically.
- Recruit and train musicians to be involved in the worship teams that will include, but may not be limited to weekend, special and/or offsite worship services.
- Model standards and expectations of leaders within Hope including membership, worship attendance, tithing and generous giving, serving out of a call of giftedness and lifestyle marked by purity and humility.
6. Evidence a commitment to the Hope Church Statement of Purpose, Beliefs, Mission, and
Philosophy of ministry.
7. Support the evangelical theology for which Hope UMC Church stands.
Responsible for the overall leadership, design, implementation, and execution of Hope Church’s
1. Collaborate with the senior pastor, 9:00 a.m. service/music director, and other worship staff in
composing and arranging elements of the worship services in a way that contributes to all
elements of the services.
2. Select weekly music pieces and distribute written music to musicians and vocalists.
3. Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental and vocal
elements of worship services.
4. Recruit, train, and lead musicians and singers for worship services.
5. Plan, lead, and oversee weekly rehearsals for musicians and vocalists for worship services.
6. Serve collaboratively with others for worship services.
7. Provide spiritual leadership to all that participate in the worship ministry. Encourage high
standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in participants.
8. Manage the budget within the worship ministry.
9. Develop a personal plan for continued growth/expertise in areas of responsibility.
10. Carry out other assignments as given by the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports directly to the senior pastor.
2. Works in collaboration with the 9:00 service/music director.
3. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
Annual evaluation to be initiated by the senior pastor.
Compensation commensurate with experience and time required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Hope United Methodist Church is primarily a worshipping and teaching church. At Hope, we are committed to the Bible and believe it's the authority in our lives and ministries. The ministries of Hope are designed to increase the knowledge and love of God in our lives, our church family and our community. This is so believers can be strengthened in our ability to live our lives as God intended and others, both locally and globally can come to a saving knowledge of Jesus, so we may all live to the glory of God.More...