First United Methodist Church, Duncanville, Texas, is seeking an energetic & visionary leader with a passion for ministry to children and their families. This individual is one who is excited about working in a team effort towards shaping an inviting, fun
and creative environment where children and their families can grow in Christ and the Gospel. This person shall be able to relate to a diverse community and build upon a program that will be attractive to young families from a wide demographic base.
The ideal candidate has excellent skills in volunteer recruitment, and is adept in building relationships and fostering commitment and excitement in those volunteers.
The ideal candidate must have skills, training and/or experience which includes, but is not limited to;
- Understanding the needs of children in the church and their families
- Planning, implementing and initiating programs to meet those needs
- Directing the Church Sunday School (and Sunday nursery program): selecting curriculum, teachers & mentors
- Coordinating special activities throughout the year: VBS, day camps, trips to special events, etc.
- Working under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, participating in concert with the Director of the First Methodist Day School, Directors of Youth and Music & Worship Ministries to foster the involvement and blending of children and their families into
the activities and life of the church
- To live in the highest ideals of the Christian Faith
- Must understand United Methodist doctrine, polity (church structure), and the MinistrySafe Program.
The pastors, staff and congregation of FUMC Duncanville love children and have a long rich tradition of successful ministry in this area. The church is currently experiencing average attendance of 450 to 500 across three services on Sundays, and is growing.
The salary for the Director of Children’s and Families ministries is negotiable based on experience & education. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
To apply or for more information, please send your resume or direct questions to: Rick Jaynes, SPRC Chair, FUMCD; firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes will be received for the application process.