Student Ministries (6th – 12th Grade)
Student Ministries Pastor
- Model Christ-likeness.
- Passionate about Student Ministries and the spiritual growth of students.
- Equip and empower leaders and volunteers.
- Encourage, inspire and sometimes confront leaders and volunteers.
- Recruit on a continual basis.
- Train, deploy, and care for leaders and volunteers.
- Continually look for ways to empower new leaders.
- Develop clear ministry descriptions for all leaders and volunteers.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan for Student Ministries.
- Create moments through which students can connect with God and encounter Him in powerful ways while emphasizing an evangelistic and discipleship/mentoring philosophy.
- Create engaging services, events and small groups that challenge students spiritually.
- Oversee design, feel, and look of Student Ministries.
- Communicate well in front of students with enthusiasm and passion.
- Ensure excellence in all areas of Student Ministries
- Strong Leadership Ability.
- Cast a Compelling Vision for Student Ministries.
- Plan 2-3 years in advance.
- Anticipate the next ministry initiative and proactively tackle it.
- Administrate effectively and efficiently.
- Sustain highly functioning schedule and staffing system.
- Maintain well organized information, procedures, rooms and storage areas.
- Keep ample resources available for leaders and volunteers.
- Partner with Family Ministries Team and parents to develop students as passionate followers of Jesus.
- Generate enthusiasm and excitement with students and families.
- Practice Radical Hospitality - Students warmly welcomed and cared for.
- Drive Crossroads’ Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision in Student Ministries.
- Special Assistant to the Senior Associate Pastor
- Share in rotation of officiating funerals and weddings.
- On occasion this position may allow for teaching and preaching in the adult services.
Spiritual and Ministry Practices
- Consistent practice of Spiritual Disciplines
- Equip ministry servants and leaders
- Lead or participate in a weekly small group
- Generosity as evidenced by giving the Lord His tithe through Crossroads
- Participating Member of Crossroads
- Outreach as evidenced by invitations, servant evangelism and relationships with those who have yet to experience new life in Jesus
- Work a Minimum of 45 Hours and a Maximum of 50 Hours Weekly
- Follow the Guidelines of the Employee Handbook
- Think Long Term
- Models Excellence: Does one’s sacrificial best
- Models Teamwork: Works together with teammates to fulfill the mission of Crossroads
- Models Trust: Dependable on a daily basis and consistently reliable; works to develop authentic relationships
- Models Respect: Honors and supports the ideas and gifts of others; relates to others in humility
- Models Effective Communication: Articulates ideas in a manner that is clear to the recipient; listens intently to others