Ironbridge Baptist Church desires a director for “All things Children” in our church. Ironbridge is a 28 year old, medium size, church in Chester VA. We are growing and energetic congregation and take very seriously the privilege and responsibility of
reaching children and sharing what experiencing life with God is all about.
The Children’s Director/Pastor will be responsible for overseeing the growth, development, and execution of the children’s ministry at The Bridge. This individual will always be looking for innovative and exciting new ways to reach not only children but
their families as well. The Children’s Director/Pastor will communicate the culture and DNA of the church into the next generation, preparing them to lead and creating a unified ministry operated in sync with what is happening church-wide. Church leadership
envisions a strong Children’s Ministry program where kids are encouraging their parents to come to church.
Our ideal Children’s Director/Pastor will not only be skilled and experienced in working with, and leading, children, but that person will have demonstrated the ability to recruit, train, and empower other leaders, bring creative passion and ideas for reaching
families, and have a strong desire to implement successful ministry initiatives.
Responsible for ministry to all kids (birth-6th grade) within our church and beyond.
- Build, teach, inspire and equip volunteer teams of adults who can help and assist with:
- Communicate the overall vision, goals and strategy of Bridge Kids to the parents and church.
- Ensure that the opportunities for spiritual growth and building relationships are safe, fun, active, interactive, memorable, God-honoring, character-building and visitor-friendly.
- Develop opportunities to serve, for children, for students and for adults.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate mission trips, retreats, activities, outings, and other fitting events.
- Partner with parents to help them realize God's dream for their kids with the goal to produce kids who are learning to trust Jesus as their Savior and friend.
- Serve as the liaison with people, organizations and resources both within and outside the church that relate to kids.
- Partner with other ministry departments to help build synergy in promoting, marketing, and communication for Kids programming
- Administrative Requirements:
Report to Executive Pastor.
- Prepare an annual budget for Kids Ministries, to be approved by Executive Pastor and Executive Leadership Team.
- Attend monthly department meetings, weekly staff meetings, and weekly supervisory meetings
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
- Personal Expectations:
- Maintain active and open communication with the staff.
- Report weekly to Executive Pastor and/or designee for staff meetings.
- Seek to be renewed and refocused by attending leadership development conferences, workshops and/or training seminars (continuing education funding available).
- Must meet the minimum membership requirements by completing Membership Class 101 within one year of hire.
- Adhere to the expectations expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Uphold, embrace and live out our Core Values.
- Requisite Qualifications and Skills:
- A personal experience of conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as demonstrated through a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A desire to lead kids to accept Jesus and live a life with God, along with an authentic love for, patience with, and good understanding of kids.
- Ability to relate to and connect with kids of all age groups.
- Inspiring and engaging facilitation style.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with some emphasis on Children’s education)
- At least 3 years of professional experience leading a Children’s ministry with an average attendance of 50 children per week.
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity in emotional/spiritual judgment and demeanor in the conduct of duties.
- Maintenance of the highest Christian standards in personal and professional life.
- Compassionate, patient, outgoing and nurturing personality.
- Organized, ability to practice confidentiality, be self-motivated and a team player.