The Facilities Manager is responsible for:
- Oversight and administration of the church facility and security
- Maintain and resource rental and distribution, including room assignments, equipment needs
- Maintain and develop the Crisis Response Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General facility maintenance of buildings and grounds (landscaping, plumbing, utilities, HVAC, etc.)
- First point of contact for security measures
- Manage vendor contracts for cleaning, landscape, HVAC, security and other utilities
- Manage Facility Team (staff and volunteer)
- Church Wide and Ministry Functions: a. Schedule, manage and approve campus room assignments and resource rentals using online software planning tool b. Set up/tear down, clean up
- Community Functions: a. Work with Event Planner to ensure adequate staff coverage b. Schedule, manage and approve campus room assignments andr esource rentals using online software planning tool c. Set up/tear down, clean up
- Assist as needed with volunteer Crisis Response Team
- Create opportunities for volunteers to use gifts in assistance with maintenance concerns
- Lead and direct monthly Volunteer Facility Meeting
- Lead and direct semi-monthly Staff Facility Meeting
- Lead and direct two (2) annual All Church Work Days
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs and have complete mobility for building and ground activities
- Education a. Required: High School Diploma b. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and church ministry experience
- Significant experience in managing facilities and logistics a. Preferred: knowledge of equipment and set up
- Proficient computer skills, experience or ability to learn Mac software
- Reside in Ahwatukee or surrounding area
Personal & Spiritual Growth
Essential Qualities in growing in your role
Two words: PASSION and FUN. This person must also have a sense of
humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
A self-starter who has a strong work ethic
Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
Emotional and relational intelligence
Loyalty and dedication to Mountain Park mission, values and leadership
Spiritually mature Christian with consistent track record of Christ-like behavior
Effective in verbal and written communication
Someone who models/desires healthy biblical relationships
A passion for building/honoring families
- A passion for the advancement of Gospel to unreached areas of the world
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Director of Operations.
- Job descriptions at MPCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Mountain Park Community Church
Mountain Park Community Church is committed to being a fun yet intentional place of worship. We are very serious about teaching the bible, but like to find fun and creative ways to share the message. It is our goal that our church be a safe place for people to visit and learn about Christ and how he transforms lives, while still challenging those who have accepted Christ as their savior to a more dangerous journey.
Our event calendar is full of activities, including Wednesday night programming, Women's and More...